What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crewsk-I MISS cheese grits! Homemade or packaged? Upstate New York is a waste land when it comes to those "southern" favorites. Although I can get collard greens which I also love.

Homemade! I also like them with ham or bacon & cheese but I didn't have either around. If I'm in a hurry I use the packages but I only buy the plain ones & then add cheese, butter, & ham or bacon if I have any.

I had a strawberry, frosted poptart.. just wasn't heated.. eating on the run.. lol

Juliev said:
I had a strawberry, frosted poptart.. just wasn't heated.. eating on the run.. lol

Ah, Juliev, the breakfast of champions. Having poptarts for breakfast is a standing joke between myself and one of my coworkers. My favorites are unfrosted strawberry and s'mores flavored. Today, for breakfast I had Big Bowl maple sugar instant oatmeal and chocolate milk.

my favorite pop tart is the fudge... ALWAYS UNtoasted!!!
but today i had a sausage mcmuffin and a hash brown
from mickey d's cause i didn't have them in months!

crewsk said:
Bang baby, didn't you have Chinese food for lunch yesterday? Do I need to come make breakfast for you?

I love chinese food. Especailly fried rice,egg drop soup,egg rolls,and egg foo young.

cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter. it's so good to spread on the peanut butter as soon as the toast pops up... then it melts a little.. YUM!

I also am having a cup of Earl Grey tea.

left over kung pao chicken, mixed with rice. couldn't wait to try out my new rice bowls and chopsticks.

never had chinese for breakfast... I'll have to try that sometime.

crewsk said:
bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese grits, toast, orange juice, & coffee.

hmmm, sounds good crewsk. i've never had grits but always wanted to try them. how do you make 'em? i always get them confused with chitterlins. one is a grain, the other guts, right?

Right, I've never had chittlin's, as everyone calls them around here. When I make grits I use 5 parts water to 1 part regular, not instant, grits. I bring the water to a bouil with about a tespoon of salt, add the grits & turn down to a simmer & cook for about 15-20 minutes. When they are done I add butter, grated cheddar cheese, pepper, & more salt if needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom