What's Cooking 6th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just put a couple steaks in to defrost (forgot to take them out last night). We will have them with whatever vegetable I grab first. Greek yogurt with fruit for dessert.

i am just going to scarf a couple hot dogs.

Me too Babe. Scarf 'em. Yellow ball park mustard and Famous Daves pickle relish. I picked up a jar at the store the other day, I have been wanting to try it out. Kind of spicy, not quite hot. Pretty good. No ice cream today (drat), but there is Snickerdoodle cookies.

...crab cakes with a sauce that tastes suspiciously like thousand island dressing and a tossed salad with a baguette.

Just transfer from the bottle to a gravy boat, Andy. It's all good :LOL:

I do believe tacos are my favorite meal, Kylie, but wings are easier to make, so I make them more often ;)

And CW's wings look OUTSTANDING! :yum:

Nice faheeters, Patty. Load mine up with sour cream and green tabasco and I'm good to go. :)

Gorgeous, Harry. You need to put this in the seafood recipe section so I can find it again. I can't wait to make this as soon as I can pick up some of the fishies on sale :chef:

Tonight I'm making St Louis style BBQ'd pork steak, grilled corn on the cob, grilled potato, and oh yeah, a couple slices of grilled zucchini :rolleyes:

Just transfer from the bottle to a gravy boat, Andy. It's all good :LOL:

I do believe tacos are my favorite meal, Kylie, but wings are easier to make, so I make them more often ;)

And CW's wings look OUTSTANDING! :yum:

Nice faheeters, Patty. Load mine up with sour cream and green tabasco and I'm good to go. :)

Gorgeous, Harry. You need to put this in the seafood recipe section so I can find it again. I can't wait to make this as soon as I can pick up some of the fishies on sale :chef:
Tonight I'm making St Louis style BBQ'd pork steak, grilled corn on the cob, grilled potato, and oh yeah, a couple slices of grilled zucchini :rolleyes:
Thanks, Pac. All the credit goes to your inspirational wing recipes and pics.

I love tacos, too. What meat and toppings did you have with yours?

Hey GG :)

We have beef mince and iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and grated cheese and on top either a tomato salsa or taco sauce, usually medium heat :yum:

How do you have yours GG?

Kylie,

We have had for Lunch at 14.00 hours ( 2pm ) in Corfu ...

We took the Ferry over to Puglia later this afternoon ...

Since, we are both on Vacation, we have decided to have some calamari and Shrimp or a fab Pizza out with Prosecco and then, tomorrow early in the morning, we shall do our Weekly Shopping.

Thanks, for the compliments.
Have a lovely Monday.
Margi.

Margi, what a lovely pizza, I am sure it tastes fabulous :chef:

We did steak and taters on the BBQ. I had a nap about 4pm so I was too groggy to do much but hand the stuff to Ken and point at the BBQ. I did manage to make a tasty sesame sauce for the steak and a nice green salad to go with. Couldn't QUITE figure out what cooked veggie to do so we went without.

I made a pesto with basil and mint from the garden. We had it with Felicetti whole grain, organic fusilli. Dessert was the 2nd half of the berry mousse I made yesterday.

I made a pesto with basil and mint from the garden. We had it with Felicetti whole grain, organic fusilli. Dessert was the 2nd half of the berry mousse I made yesterday.

Basil and MINT? How did that come out? And what proportions did you use. I've got enough mint to make mojitos for the entire province so any recipes would be welcome.

Foraging today, too hot to shop. Found cabbage, mayo, cider vinegar, made coleslaw. Mmmm, caraway seed and celery salt, Dijon mustard. Four boneless loin pork chops...bbq. Just right with iced tea. Sadie got one of the chops, no sauce. One chop left over for pork fried rice.

Basil and MINT? How did that come out? And what proportions did you use. I've got enough mint to make mojitos for the entire province so any recipes would be welcome.
I often add mint to pesto--proportions are "to taste" but about 1/4-1/3 mint to basil is what I do. What about parsley? You could make tabbouleh since you have tomatoes, etc. and add the mint to that.

I think it was about 1/4 mint. It was very good. The mint is subtle. It adds a cool note.

You could give Margi's http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...tage-cheese-or-ricotta-78566.html#post1121126 a try. I really liked it. That mousse was really good, and I don't like mint!

Don't forget mint juleps and mint jelly - make some apple jelly, bruise a few mint leaves, swish them through the jelly while it is still hot. Throw away the leaves.

I had a baked rice dish. I bought a bunch of cans of Campbell's cream soups on sale this winter, and put it in the oven, then sliced some chicken breasts I'd cooked over coals last weekend and made a mix. Turned out OK. Husband is still doing some of the cooking, while I limp around telling him what to do.

Wow H...that looks superb!

Bet it tasted fabulous, well done :chef:

you've wow'd us once again, harry! beautiful fisherman's pie!

i'm in the middle of fixing the lawn mower (the damn pull start cord broke), and then i need to get some chemicals down, and then i have a late doctor's appt., so my dinner will be very late tonight. probably sushi since there's a good sushi joint across the street from my doc.

pics later.
thanks chaps,i was a bit disappointed with the spuds tho'.run out of home grown from bolas's so bought some.seems all the rain we've had has resulted in a very "wet" potato crop this year.they boiled & riced fine but cooked down into the sauce in the oven.changed the texture of the sauce but,yes k,it was delicious.
not surprised you need the doc after getting some chemicals down tom,i'd stick to beer in future.....and no,i for one don't want to see the pics...just stick to your food photo's please:LOL:!!

Back
Top Bottom