What's Cooking For TGI Friday, August 26?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just returned from the grocery store where a T-bone in the butcher's case was calling to me... hey pacanis, you know you want me for dinner tonight. hey, get over here... so I did. Even though T-bones are not my favorite cut, I could not pass up that beautiful marbling, vibrant red color and the fact that it could talk.
I'll fire up the Smokey Joe and also toss on a spud, heat up some leftover maque choux and have a cup of mushroom soup if I get around to making it.

Same thing happened to me last night. I just told them to SHUT UP, and I kept on walking.:ROFLMAO:

small piece of rib eye steak. sweet potato fries and pea salad. still to hot to bake, so no dessert.

Sweet potato fries are delicious as a dessert with cinnamon sugar or cinnamon maple syrup! It might sound a bit odd but they are also good eaten with Vanilla Ice cream!

I know it is 10 minutes to Friday where I am, but I am really excited about dinner tonight. It is DH's birthday and I am doing a 4 course meal
1) Appetizer is a gazpacho soup with basil pesto garnish
2) Salmon marinated in maple syrup on a fresh mango salsa
3) Chicken souvlaki with rice pilaf and mixed steamed veggies
4) Homemade strawberry balsamic sorbet with gluten free cake.

I hope he will enjoy it as much as I will making it! :chef:
WOW! Sounds great. Happy Birthday to your DH.

We had almost the same dinner - different meat.

Breakfast – Cubanelle peppers, onions, vine tomatoes and fresh basil fried in EVOO with fresh garlic, salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes and hot pepper paste.

Dinner – TLT’s - Taylor ham (pork roll), lettuce and tomato on toasted English muffin with mayo.

No pictures today.

Including Snip's mushroom soup.

Attachments

• Steak, shroom soup, broc, spud.jpg
    Steak, shroom soup, broc, spud.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 203
The fish taco's turned out pretty good tonight. I liked the thin sliced cucumber and onion with the shredded cabbage. The sauce was good made with yogurt and green taco sauce, cumin and Mexican oregano. Next time I'll cook the corn tortillas crisper in oil, and pay more attention to the fish. Next time the fish will be done the right way with cornstarch, egg, and Panko. Bobby Flay's grilled fish just isn't for me. They needed that "crunch". Live and learn.

I know it is 10 minutes to Friday where I am, but I am really excited about dinner tonight. It is DH's birthday and I am doing a 4 course meal
1) Appetizer is a gazpacho soup with basil pesto garnish
2) Salmon marinated in maple syrup on a fresh mango salsa
3) Chicken souvlaki with rice pilaf and mixed steamed veggies
4) Homemade strawberry balsamic sorbet with gluten free cake.

I hope he will enjoy it as much as I will making it! :chef:
Well, things got changed around a little seeing that a 10 minute quick trip to the grocery store included not one but 4 almost accidents, none of which were my fault. It's a known fact that people out here can't drive in the snow, but in the sun? Give me a break!:wacko:

Anyway, the gazpacho ended up being replaced by a spinach salad and the rice pilaf became baked potatoes when I realized I was out of the right rice for pilaf. But the salmon, chicken, salsa and sorbet (no cake) were excellent and he was both pleasantly surprised and happy with the food! :) He thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

I needed some comfort food so it was hot dogs, beans, and mac-n-cheese.

Looks delicious Pac, the soup looks perfect! That steak also looks mouthwatering!
I wouldn't mind eating at your house, your food always looks so tasty :)

Why thank you, Snip!
I took some pics of the soup in progress. If you wouldn't mind, I could post them in your thread. You can tell me how I did.

Hot dog spaghetti.... pretty darn tasty, too!

Attachments

• HotDogSpaghetti.jpg
    HotDogSpaghetti.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 148

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom