What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crust, yuck. I shall find the wonderful Swiss pie recipe. It's in a church cookbook, where all the best recipes reside.

I'm not a fan of pie crust either. I usually make a Danish apple tart that has crust made with butter and some sugar. That crust is quite nice.

My Great-Grandmother would make extra pie crust and take the cookie cutters to them, bake them to GBD, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, MMM!!!

One of my sisters' 'go to' dessert after a big dinner was a
frozen pie crust flattened, baked with sugar sprinkled on then

broken up into shards and served with almost anything! ice cream, fruit, jello's or puddings -

served in little dishes with the shards along side or stuck into it... very elegant looking! LOL

Supposedly just a slight difference in sugar was what someone once told me but I don't know which has or has not. :ermm:

It took me months to find out that the difference is the French apple pie topping has crushed nuts where the Dutch apple pie topping does not.

I was going to make a Dutch apple pie, but then I found out that Marie Callender has apple pies on sale at half price, so I bought two; French apple and regular two crust apple.

Does anyone know the difference between Dutch apple pie and French apple pie?

I've always thought that French is open topped, more like a tart, with caramelized sugar on top.

French-Dutch Apple Pie

So... we have now discovered that the correct answer to the differences in pies is...

img_1496055_0_d682f1f2d2c6edf29b37014798ae7e8d.gif

WHO YOU ASK!!

I was a widow when Glenn and I were married. This year is our 5th anniversary.

Our cake is a vanilla-butternut with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream icing. The cake recipe is one the bakery developed and is beyond tasty. We just love it and our anniversary is a justifiable excuse to enjoy another cake.

Our anniversary cake is just like our wedding cake, except smaller. Our wedding cake topper was a blue motorcycle. We're bike riders and our bike is blue.
That cake sounds delicious.

Until relatively recently Wedding Cake in UK was a rich fruit cake covered with a layer of marzipan and royal icing over that. The latter was as elaborately piped as you could get. Not many firms can do this sort of icing any more either because they can't get the staff or because the work takes too long to be affordable so people are more and more going over to lighter cakes a la "Ace of Cakes". Sad really.

Wedding Cakes

Mad Cook, our 'traditional' wedding cakes are the same as yours. It is a big business in cities. You can usually always find someone to decorate fancy who has taken a "Wilton" course. LOL even in the small towns. Pricing I have no idea on except that I'm pretty sure they are as expensive as yours are!

:ohmy: I've never seen Tillamook Marionberry Pie ice cream in my (2) local grocery stores. Must look further. :yum: Looks wonderful with the waffles, kgirl!

I wonder how many folks - outside of Oregon and Washington state- would pronounce that brand of ice cream correctly, K-girl?

But mmm, waffles and ice cream.

Our dessert tonight was mochi ice creams: green tea, red bean, and vanilla.

I wonder how many folks - outside of Oregon and Washington state- would pronounce that brand of ice cream correctly, K-girl?

But mmm, waffles and ice cream.

Our dessert tonight was mochi ice creams: green tea, red bean, and vanilla.

I would, but I did live in Washington a few years.

I had a tiny scoop of ice cream. I am trying so hard to keep my sugar readings as low as I can get them. Tonight I checked it after eating my ice cream. 117. And for me that is really low. But I am not shaking so I think my efforts are working. (I am doing a happy dance!)

Back
Top Bottom