What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmm, chocolate and pears sounds strangely good, Poet.

I found some teeny containers of vanilla Haagen Dazs ice ream in the back of the freezer. As my boy was heading out the door to go to his gym (Brazillian Jiu Jitsu training tonight), he punched me really hard in the shoulder.

When I asked him what that was for, he said for many reasons.

First, he remembered when he was small and I told him that it was our ancestors who invented ice cream. That we were direct descendants of the great Norwegian king Haagen Dazs, of which the ice cream is named today. He believed that for years, until he told his teacher and kids in school one day. Lol.

Then, he punched me again saying that it was for asking if he ever sees any rabbis in his Jiu Jitsu classes...

So, tonight's dessert, when my boy gets home, will be ancestral ice cream, and aspirin.

007.JPG

008.JPG

Went to our local Wally World (I only buy SOME things there)
and saw this as I was headed for the cashier

I've been trying to get DH away from chocolate only
based Ice Cream... it's working ;)

I didn't need a whole lot of the can of coconut milk for the coconut jasmine rice for our poke, so I decided to make coconut milk jasmine rice pudding. It's cooking right now and I'll stir in some mini chocolate chips and the leftover macadamia nuts once it's done.

I just stumbled onto this thread.

I am not a dessert person. I can do without sweets. But, there are some desserts I really like.

First, there is cheesecake. My mom was never a good cook, but she did some things really well. Her cheesecake is really, really good. I like mine smothered in strawberries.

Next, Bananas Foster. I actually make a pretty awesome Bananas Foster, using the original Brennan's recipe. It is actually very easy to make, and guests love watching you make it before eating it. It is a flaming dessert thing -- always a crowd pleaser.

The top of my dessert list is a "Nawlins" bread pudding with a righteous Bourbon sauce. OMG, I love a good bread pudding, New Orleans style.

CD

I had butter pecan ice cream with Girl Scout Trefoil shortbread cookies crumbled on top, drizzled with Frangelico. Mmmmm...

Last edited:
View attachment 24111

Turtle Cheesecake
I made a ganache from dark chocolate, melted some caramels with heavy cream & spread that on top and a finally, a flourish of toasted pecans
How good does THAT look? HUH?! I mean COME ON MAN!

I just stumbled onto this thread.

I am not a dessert person. I can do without sweets. But, there are some desserts I really like.

First, there is cheesecake. My mom was never a good cook, but she did some things really well. Her cheesecake is really, really good. I like mine smothered in strawberries.

Next, Bananas Foster. I actually make a pretty awesome Bananas Foster, using the original Brennan's recipe. It is actually very easy to make, and guests love watching you make it before eating it. It is a flaming dessert thing -- always a crowd pleaser.

The top of my dessert list is a "Nawlins" bread pudding with a righteous Bourbon sauce. OMG, I love a good bread pudding, New Orleans style.

CD

Did you say Cheesecake?
When was the last time you made your Mom's recipe?
Do it!

I've never made it. I should ask her for the recipe. I'd also have to get a springform pan. Sounds like a lot of work.

CD

I make a chocolate chip cheesecake every Christmas for my grandson. I knew I had a spring form pan somewhere besides my small one. I hunted high and low. I figured he never returned the pan to me from the previous year. Couldn't find it. So I ordered a new one. Of course, I then found it. It was way in back of the cabinet with other pans sitting in it. Now I have two. Plus the small 7" one.

Baked a waffle bread pudding for 2...

I've been searching for and enjoying dessert for two recipes lately.. A full pie, cake, etc., is just too much repetition for us...

Back
Top Bottom