What's for dinner Saturday (Valentine's Day), February 14th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL UB, nope, no questions!

We are going to a dinner party tonight and I expect to find excellent company, food, booze and chocolates:D
What more could you ask for? :LOL:

We are going out for dinner to an italian restaurant in a nearby town. We waited 'til the last minute to make reservations, so it's going to be about 9 pm. :neutral: I've been starving myself all day for this.

I ended up grilling two small filets, making a salad mixed with roast pecans, dried cranberries, goat cheese and honey mustard balsamic dressing. I tried a new chocolate mousse recipe and it turned FANTASTIC. I am kinda buzzed from how good it was, to tell the truth. I'm watching hubby clean up and drinking some red wine.

I'm having a bottle of wine while I cook and will watch a movie while making my Dolmadakia. I know I will be eating late because I planned it late.. they take about 70 minutes in the oven and quite a while to roll. It will be worth it though! Plus I will get to test the recipe.. its different from what I usually make but I know it will be good. I want to make them for Nick next weekend.

I also bought some goat cheese and sourdough bread.

We're having shrimp and spinach fettucine Alredo, small salad and crusty bread. DH will have Hersey's Kisses for dessert.

I'm getting ready to help him peel shrimp right now.

Everyone's dinner choices tonight sound great. I made macaroni salad instead of cornbread and coleslaw. The ribs turned out pretty good considering it is the first time I have cooked ribs on the grill. I also grilled some tri-tip that I needed to use. It had been in the freezer for awhile.

just finished a nice rare rib eye steak, white beans and a salad. strange huh? just what i felt like. either key lime pie or left over bday cake for dessert. made a white cake with raspberry filling for daughter in law. wish my husband were alive, steak was his favorite thing, only well done. which always just killed me to make.

Oh heck, GOAMK - these special days just don't always go the way we hope they will! Sorry.

Since DH took me out to breakfast, he gets his favorite meal for dinner: pork chops cooked the old fashioned way, braised slowly, with mashed potatoes. Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake for dessert (also his fave).

Your right MK, but he gets a second chance to make it up to me on thursday. It's our 15th. wedding anniversary and I'm craving mexican.

I made penne primavera in a cashew cream sauce. It was one of the best things I've made in a long time

It was my first to make valentine's dinner and first time to make rack of lamb. Yey! Hubby liked it so much.

Main course: rack of lamb with red wine sauce and red potatoes as side dish. Dessert: brownie with strawberry ice cream (haagen dazs). Red wine (don't know the name, it was a gift from my former boss).

Will post pix later.

Happy Valentine's Day!

We went out for dinner to our special place. Given that we live in a tourist town, it is a three day weekend, and the winter weather was perfect (you know, pretty snow as opposed to truly dangerous weather we'd had for most of Jan/early Feb), the town was loaded. Luckily we'd thought, once we knew when Valentine's day was going to fall, to make reservations at our favorite place. We walked in and the owner greeted us, and we were treated like royalty. The food was great, too. scallops, perfectly cooked on a bed of couscous and harissa. A lamb stew (I know it was called something fancier) to die for. I'm not a big desert person, but that was great, too. It doesn't hurt that the owner sent us after dinner drinks. There were people waiting for tables all around town (why do people think they can just walk in and the world is their oyster? Make reservations. If you like to be spur of the moment with everything, then don't complain when things don't come out the way you imagined them to, go with the flow).

Sounds like most everybody had a nice evening...babe, bless you for taking such good care of yourself and making a nice Valentine's dinner. I know you miss your husband and it's hard. Our dinner was a hit - hubby gobbled it up. Time for bed now.

I cooked - he washed up:)

We had coquilles saint jacques; one with scallops and one made with without. Also a loaf of crusty bread and small salad. We splurged and had dessert; warm gingerbread with a sliced up poached pear and a small spoonful of some Baklava icecream.

Have you tried Greek Gods Icecream? Stunning!

We went to a VERY nice italian restaurant in South Center, WA called Grazie Ristorante Italiano. Mark ordered Lasagne, and I got Penne al Pollo with a glass of Chianti. It was soooooooooooooo good! :)
Grazie Ristorante Italiano

This was my dinner.

img_792163_0_e43f91352f980c6f5b79e3c07b6ffc11.jpg

img_792163_1_60976dafbf1b1d53e7ed5117fed546eb.jpg

d-i-l studied for 2 tests.........took all day......so we arrived at Red Lobster before 5pm and there was a 45 minute wait.....people were sitting around inside and outside......so we took the little flasher job with us........not that it was going to reach us and went to Ulta for about 25 minutes......found a wonderful coverup makeup for scars, bruises, facial imperfections, etc, and some other items........by the time we got back to the restaurant there were even more people willing to stand around.......we waited another 10 minutes and then were seated......by the time we left (6:30) the crowd of waiting people was unbelievable......the receptionist said it had been like that ALL day.......oh, well, our waiter was a very handsome young man and a good server so I'm sure he made a potful that day.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom