What's for dinner, Tuesday July 6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am making 2 pizzas. The first one is out of the oven, to be packaged up for DH's lunch boxes. Dinners pizza will go in in 10 minutes. Sausage, mozz cheese, home canned pizza sauce, onions, and pepperoni.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.jpg
    IMG_3591.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 94
French - Dressed Chicken Breast & Roasted Baby Yukons, both done in the Air Fryer, with Cut Green Beans & Mushroom Pieces (Stove-top ...)

Chicken Breast , French-Dressed.jpg

4 ultra-thin honey ham slices, sliced cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, 12 pita chips, frozen blueberries w/ Splenda and half-and-half, and 1 mini cupcake.

Country-style pork ribs marinated, grilled and glazed with BBQ sauce, sugar snap peas and tossed salad.

Attachments

• C7962E49-6DE8-45B9-AB34-B5B796DDA00F_1_105_c.jpg
    C7962E49-6DE8-45B9-AB34-B5B796DDA00F_1_105_c.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
It's our 24th anniversary, so we ordered from one of our favourite restos, La Porte Grecque. DH got chicken brochettes with onion. I got pork souvlaki. Both platters come with a garden salad, the best rice pilaf I have ever tasted, Greek style roasted potatoes, and garlic bread. We had a side order of dolmadakia, because their dolmadakia are really good. We had Mateus (a Portuguese rosé wine) with supper. We had homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert. Yes, we ate out of those take out aluminium plates. No one wanted any more dishwashing than necessary. Oh, and yes, the food was delightful. Stuffed now.

From La Porte Grecque - souvlaki, chicken brochette, dolmadakia, and salads, Mateus to drink.jpg

From La Porte Grecque - souvlaki, chicken brochette, dolmadakia, and salads.jpg

The picture of the strawberry ice cream is from a previous time that we enjoyed our own ice cream.

Homemade strawberry ice cream.jpg

Good on ya, taxlady and Sterling. :)

Jeannie and I will be celebrating our 27th this month. Time flies when you are having fun.

Hard to realize that we each have over 60 years of marriage, in our short :ermm: lives.

Ross

A lovely dinner for a lovely couple, taxy! [emoji813]

We had fresh made garden salads and leftover gumbolaya. Just one serving left!
Thank you CG
Congratulations Taxy and Stirling!!

Dh and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on the 2nd.
Thanks Beth, I hope you and your DH had a good celebration.

Jeannie and I will be celebrating our 27th this month. Time flies when you are having fun.

Hard to realize that we each have over 60 years of marriage, in our short :ermm: lives.

Ross
Thanks Ross. Have a great celebration, later this month.
Congratulations, taxlady and Stirling! Sounds like an amazing celebration dinner [emoji323][emoji177][emoji1635]
Thank you GG. It was fun and tasty.

Ross

+ 1 on the congrats.

We had slow roasted country style ribs, smothered in opinions, garden salad, gravy made from pork pan juices, honey-mustard sauce, and lemonade. Watermelon for desert.

Country style ribs, seasoned only wit S&P, smothered with fresh, white inion leaves, sealed, and roasted for 4 hours at 300' F, the turned down to 200' for another hour, makes for super moist, and tender ribs. and the juices are plentiful, and make a superb gravy. Use a hand blender to incorporate the onion, Make a roux, the turn into gravy with the pork juices. Wish I'd had some riced spuds with butter to go with it.:mrgreen:yum:

Seeeeya;Chief Longwind of the North

+ 1 on the congrats.
Thanks Chief

We had slow roasted country style ribs, smothered in opinions, garden salad, gravy made from pork pan juices, honey-mustard sauce, and lemonade. Watermelon for desert.

Country style ribs, seasoned only wit S&P, smothered with fresh, white inion leaves, sealed, and roasted for 4 hours at 300' F, the turned down to 200' for another hour, makes for super moist, and tender ribs. and the juices are plentiful, and make a superb gravy. Use a hand blender to incorporate the onion, Make a roux, the turn into gravy with the pork juices. Wish I'd had some riced spuds with butter to go with it.:mrgreen:yum:

Seeeeya;Chief Longwind of the North

That sounds like a really tasty meal.

I love the idea that the ribs were smothered in opinions. Everyone had something to say about them, eh?

:LOL: Runs and hides.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom