What's in your dish, Trish? Dinner thread for Thur, 9/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great looking meals! So fancy - even tube steaks and beans. ;)

We had salad, soup, and sandwich. Standard tossed salad, Asian inspired soup, and wonderfully tasty bacon-and-lettuce club sandwiches. :yum:

Attachments

• 2016-09-22 22.38.07.jpg
    2016-09-22 22.38.07.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 94
When one hears of the 3 S's, you think "ehh, yeah, salad, soup 'n sandwich"

but then you see that picture and it's a WHOLE NEW BALLGAME!! looks delish, CG!

Thanks, dragn! If you were ever to ask Himself if I "just make" something, he'll tell you I make a major league production out of everything. Salads are almost never "lettuce/tomato". Soup is rarely canned. And sandwiches? I could probably write a book about them. Plain and simple, I fuss too much. :LOL:

Thanks, dragn! If you were ever to ask Himself if I "just make" something, he'll tell you I make a major league production out of everything. Salads are almost never "lettuce/tomato". Soup is rarely canned. And sandwiches? I could probably write a book about them. Plain and simple, I fuss too much. :LOL:

My kitchen soul mate :heart: DH says the same about me. "How about a one-pot meal tonight?" :LOL: What are you doing cramping my style?

So post your version, I'm pretty sure you didn't stick to the recipe! Did you use a whole chicken or cut-up pieces.

looks really really good!

Yes, I used thighs (it's what I had).

I kept to the recipe except I used my chicken spice rub, that has paprika in it, and it must've colored the sauce.

And yes, it was delicious! Thank you. I'm glad I tried it. I would never had cooked chicken in milk before, it sounds revolting, but the garlic and sage really bring it together.

Here's a better picture. I'm trying to get better at plating. Unfortunately, I have 5 mins at dinnertime before the food is devoured. :yum:

xRKxAJB.jpg

Is it even possible to use limited kitchen tools, GG? Even when I make a "one-pot" meal, there are scads of tools, etc, that need cleaning...most of them don't play well with the dishwasher, either.

Is it even possible to use limited kitchen tools, GG? Even when I make a "one-pot" meal, there are scads of tools, etc, that need cleaning...most of them don't play well with the dishwasher, either.

I know, that happens sometimes. I admit that last night, I used four bowls for the ingredients, which I put in the dishwasher, but otherwise, just my cutting board, knife, wooden spatula, another wooden spoon to test the pasta, and the Microplane for the cheese. Minimal! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom