What's on the Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking at pacanis' photos, I guess I'm not a real griller. I rarely cook an entire meal on the grill. I usually do just the meat with the sides done indoors. I guess I should really step up my game.

Droewors is lovely :yum: Chili Sticks with fat are better though!
Pretty sure you will love it if it's made the SA way :)

Smokies sound well, smoked? Droewors isn't smoked, it's cured with salt, vinegar and dried. Different taste I'm sure.

Yes, they are cured differently. That's why I'm interested in comparing the difference in taste.

Hah. I've seen your pics, Andy.
You're a real griller.
Especially because you use charcoal more often than I do ;)

We should set up a care package exchange, Snip.
I did that several years ago with someone... I can't remember what I sent them. Heinz ketchup maybe and something else? They sent me Tim Tams and something else. Shipping has probably gotten out of hand though. And this place in Carolina says they make authentic SA foods.

We should set up a care package exchange, Snip.
I did that several years ago with someone... I can't remember what I sent them. Heinz ketchup maybe and something else? They sent me Tim Tams and something else. Shipping has probably gotten out of hand though. And this place in Carolina says they make authentic SA foods.

That would have been a fab idea! Not so easy to get the meats we love through customs though :( Hopefully the shipping laws will change in favour of meat lovers!

This just went on the grill.
1.jpg

Yes, I know. My grill needs cleaned :ermm:

What is under the pineapple slices is a thick, fatty rib from the local store, but I'm doing what I can with her. After removing the membrane I had to scrape the fat off with my fingers... I never saw so much fat. So we'll see...

Huh. And here I thought it was a giant sea slug. :(

Ribs! :yum:

Last edited:
and he thinks we are looking at the state of the grill...doesn't look like it needs cleaning to me, it's just well used.

Ready to see some finished ribs.

Oh, there was a grill under there? I was looking at the meat....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom