What's On The Table Saturday 2/1/20???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
The Odd Couple ;
Small Rib Eye, Seared Scallops, Air Fries, Harvard Beets, Side Salad...

Steak ans Scallops, Harvard Beets.jpg

I thawed some Turkish meatballs and made a tomato sauce with onions, garlic, bell pepper, sumac and thyme; I'll serve that with orzo and rice pilaf. I also made pita chips seasoned with Penzeys Mural of Flavor and salt and have leftover hummus. And a side salad.

Well, that was fun.

Frankly the SC raving over my cooking makes it such such a pleasure, and the same was true tonight.
Together, we made some blue cheese stuffed dates, wrapped in bacon for late afternoon appetizers, and then I made dinner.

I love using my individual casseroles, and tonight I broke down the recipe from Chef John for his Ba'corn Cheese Corn to fit the little casseroles, topped them each with large shrimp, and broiled them in the toaster oven. To us, it's a cut above "shrimp 'n grits" The side was sauteed fresh asparagus with bacon/lemon/ and halved grape tomatoes. We each have enough for lunch tomorrow, and the dinner was extraordinary if I do say so myself.
Fun, fun!!..

Attachments

• P2010050.jpg
    P2010050.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 69
  • P2010052.jpg
    P2010052.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
We went to our favourite Chinese resto, Lotus Bleu with friends. They make very authentic food. The family is from Henan province. The resto is a bit of a hole in the wall, but the food is wonderful.

We had two kinds of dumplings; a deep fried, breaded, stuffed eggplant dish; Singapore noodles; cumin beef; twice cooked pork; some sort of deep fried shrimps in a sticky sauce; Szechuan dry fried green beans; a cabbage dish; a potato dish; sticky rice; and I may have forgotten something. That was really, really good.

I have found a couple of recipes for the Szechuan dry fried green beans, because I have to try to make it. I really enjoyed it, and it's the only way my sweetie actually likes green beans.

Fabulous looking and sounding dinners, all. :yum: Love the looks of those scallops, Lucky....and well, everyone else's looks and sounds so good as well.

I steamed a beautiful looking artichoke, but it was disappointing as it was tough and tasteless. :ermm::( Maybe it's just a little too early in the year for fresh ones, and I got one of the ones they were holding in storage from last year. Will try again.

Well, that was fun.

Frankly the SC raving over my cooking makes it such such a pleasure, and the same was true tonight.
Together, we made some blue cheese stuffed dates, wrapped in bacon for late afternoon appetizers, and then I made dinner.

I love using my individual casseroles, and tonight I broke down the recipe from Chef John for his Ba'corn Cheese Corn to fit the little casseroles, topped them each with large shrimp, and broiled them in the toaster oven. To us, it's a cut above "shrimp 'n grits" The side was sauteed fresh asparagus with bacon/lemon/ and halved grape tomatoes. We each have enough for lunch tomorrow, and the dinner was extraordinary if I do say so myself.
Fun, fun!!..

This looks delicious. :yum:

Another shrimp dinner here. DH marinated some very large shrimp in this marinade and then grilled them. The best shrimp I have had in a long time. DH marinated boneless rib-eye steak strips for himself, and grilled them. He said it was delicious, best in a long time also.

Pacific Rim Marinade

Juice of 2 fresh limes
1/2 cup olive oil
3 TB. sesame oil
1 TB. soy sauce
2 TB. grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 tsp. finely chopped cilantro

Combine ingredients and mix well. Makes 1 cup

Source: "Grilling with Chef George Hirsch"

Last edited:
I thawed some Turkish meatballs and made a tomato sauce with onions, garlic, bell pepper, sumac and thyme; I'll serve that with orzo and rice pilaf. I also made pita chips seasoned with Penzeys Mural of Flavor and salt and have leftover hummus. And a side salad.
Mmmm. Didn't get to the salad, so I'll have it for lunch today. 0201201943b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom