What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is not an indication of how good a movie is though. People who are into it will go and see it no matter how bad it is.

I know that.

It has to do much better than that, and actors, actresses as well as the director, producers and such, to see if any of them might deserve a nomination for an award or the film itself.

Basically it must either swim or sink.

last movie I watched was "Night at the Museum"
It was only mediocore (at best). odd because my friends all seem to really like it? then again, one of my favourite movies is "Say Anything" which is kinda an old one.;)

Aidan was dying to go see Spiderman. We went with my fingers crossed, watched about an hour and left because it was too scary. I thought it would be but he kept insisting. Now I keep wondering what happened for the rest of the movie! I'll take him to see the third shrek soon.

Watched Pursuit of Happyness last night.
It is one of those movies that makes you hug your kids a little tighter.

SurvivorGirl said:
last movie I watched was "Night at the Museum"
It was only mediocore (at best). odd because my friends all seem to really like it? then again, one of my favourite movies is "Say Anything" which is kinda an old one.;)

We loved Night at the Museum! ;)

And Say Anything is also a favorite of mine since I adore John Cusak and have for years, he is wonderful.

Did anyone see " The Prestige "? Is anyone else confused about the ending as I am? When he told the guy to look around and he said no, I don't have to. When he was walking away there was a tank of water with someone in it. Who was it? And I didn't even recognize David Bowie at first, he sure has changed since the last time I saw him. At first I didn't think I was going to like this film but once I got into it, I really liked it. The acting and directing were excellent!!!

i **loved** bowie in that, so very nutso. and, yeah, i loved this movie in general. such a shame it came out in such a short time after 'the illusionist', people tended to mentally clump 'em together, as this one is definitely a far better movie. kind of like how everyone missed 'stir of echoes' since it was overshadowed by the other "i see dead people" movie, '6th sense'.

JoAnn, pm me if ya want to chat. anyone else who hasn't seen 'the prestige', SPOILER WARNING:

the guy in the tank of water is him (angier, hugh jackman's character). the machine doesn't just transport someone, instead, it also makes a copy. remember the identical black cats running around, and the PILES of black silk top-hats? so, literally, his copied self is drowned in that tank every night.

fireweaver said:
i **loved** bowie in that, so very nutso. and, yeah, i loved this movie in general. such a shame it came out in such a short time after 'the illusionist', people tended to mentally clump 'em together, as this one is definitely a far better movie. kind of like how everyone missed 'stir of echoes' since it was overshadowed by the other "i see dead people" movie, '6th sense'.

JoAnn, pm me if ya want to chat. anyone else who hasn't seen 'the prestige', SPOILER WARNING:

the guy in the tank of water is him (angier, hugh jackman's character). the machine doesn't just transport someone, instead, it also makes a copy. remember the identical black cats running around, and the PILES of black silk top-hats? so, literally, his copied self is drowned in that tank every night.

I did PM you but I also wanted to thank you publicly too. As I said, now every thing makes sense. It was all before my eyes and I could not see it. Thanks to you now I can. JoAnn

We watched "Night at the Museum" tonight. Count us in the "loved it" crowd! :cool: Right now we are watching "Flags of Our Fathers." It is really good so far.

:) Barbara

Breakfast At Tiffany's (after a long struggle with Blockbuster to find it).

Truman Capote wrote the orig short story - in the trailer they pronounced his name as "Ca-poat."

Ouch!

We tried to watch "Because I Said So" last night but we only got through a miserable hour before giving up. I love Diane Keaton and I just could not stand to watch her play a complete moron.

Toots, I couldn't believe how stupid she was in that movie, either. It wasn't just the character she was playing - her acting chops have really gone downhill.

mudbug said:
Toots, I couldn't believe how stupid she was in that movie, either. It wasn't just the character she was playing - her acting chops have really gone downhill.

Did you like her in the movie with Jack Nicholson? Diane started going down hill then. I love her but she is too strong and smart to play the blabbering hysterical female.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom