What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of strange, lol, I watched a documentary on BBC America, The Agony and the Ecstasy of Phil Spector. I learned a little more about his career & The Wall of Sound. I enjoyed the old b/w footage of the songs of the '60s, etc. Great editing of silent courtroom scenes overlapped with videos. Still, the film left me with chills, & wondering about the real man.

roger ebert, one of our best american film critics, passed away at the age of 70. usually, if roger liked a film, i could expect to like it too, and for much of his same reasons. r.i.p., roger....

roger ebert, one of our best american film critics, passed away at the age of 70. usually, if roger liked a film, i could expect to like it too, and for much of his same reasons. r.i.p., roger....

Yes, very sad, RIP Roger

+2

A critics opinion has never been the deciding factor for me in choosing a movie but IMO Rogers reviews were on the money most of the time.

Given the range of tastes in movie audiences Rogers accuracy was nothing short of phenomenal.

i watched snow "white and the huntsman" this morning as i did battle with work emails.
it was ok. i expected more from the story. no happily ever after.

is it me, or is charlize theron a perfect mannequin head? you can make her as beautiful or as ugly as you want.

Rise of the Guardians. I heard so many reviews that claimed that it was a disapointment, so many people I heard say it was boring. I must just be weird because I freaking loved it! I loved the concept and the characters. I loved the fun spirit through it. I loved the fanciful, whimsical theme. And the Sandman was just wicked cool. I loved the way it made me think about being a kid. I just really enjoyed it.

Rise of the Guardians. I heard so many reviews that claimed that it was a disapointment, so many people I heard say it was boring. I must just be weird because I freaking loved it! I loved the concept and the characters. I loved the fun spirit through it. I loved the fanciful, whimsical theme. And the Sandman was just wicked cool. I loved the way it made me think about being a kid. I just really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it, too. Great fantasy! Shrek fell asleep.

I enjoyed it, too. Great fantasy! Shrek fell asleep.

I do have to admit that they could have given the villain a bit more punch, and I think that's what lost a lot of people. There wasn't a real sense of conflict. They could have shown the children's fear during their nightmares and the substance of the nightmares. They could have made the sad scenes stick more. It didn't have the tension and drama that some films have where you find yourself genuinly fearing for the characters that you love. But for me, that was ok. It was a bit of escapism with enough really funny moments and neat concepts to hold my attention. It was light-hearted and fun and I loved it for that.

We loved it too!

We are going to watch it in 3D also, think it will be great :)

I do have to admit that they could have given the villain a bit more punch, and I think that's what lost a lot of people. There wasn't a real sense of conflict. They could have shown the children's fear during their nightmares and the substance of the nightmares. They could have made the sad scenes stick more. It didn't have the tension and drama that some films have where you find yourself genuinly fearing for the characters that you love. But for me, that was ok. It was a bit of escapism with enough really funny moments and neat concepts to hold my attention. It was light-hearted and fun and I loved it for that.

I agree on those points on a movie for adults...but I think this movie is appropriate for little-uns. And sometimes we need something that is innocent and fluffy to give our brains a rest.

Watched Kill Bill vol 1 last night, too late to sit up for Vol 2.

Zamfir's Lonley Shepherd is my ringtone :mrgreen:

I watched Lawrence of Arabia last night, start to finish. Whew. I followed that up with that movie mentioned abaove, The Ben Carson story. Watching an older Cuba play a college student was scary :ermm: Good low budget story though.

Zamfir's Lonley Shepherd is my ringtone :mrgreen:

I watched Lawrence of Arabia last night, start to finish. Whew. I followed that up with that movie mentioned abaove, The Ben Carson story. Watching an older Cuba play a college student was scary :ermm: Good low budget story though.

Thanks for that! Got it downloaded. And the Vonage music, too!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom