What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched "The Town" the other night. Good movie - crime, action adventure. Filmed in Boston and I think, Connecticut. About a bank robber who fell in love with his hostage and tried to clean up his act.

The Town (2010) - IMDb

We had a woooondeeeerful night of viewing last night. While I was at the library last week I picked up Jersey Boys, the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. WOW!!

It was a longish movie (139 minutes) but we didn't realize how long it was until we looked at the clock after it finished. So much fun and we bee-bopped throughout. What great music!!!!

Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1 Review:

CNN aired this last night which is an OSCAR winner for best documentary Short Form looking at the the only crisis hotline in the USA for Military Vets.

Right away the documentary throws out the shock stat that this Hotline gets 22,000 phone calls a month. They show off the the dedicated responders as they react to a variety of complex calls and handle the emotional aftermath of what can be life-and-death conversations with Military vets.

The documentary is simple as it can get, but just pulls you in. You do not know any back story on who is calling, but the conversations shows off the grueling work the employees have to go through on a daily basis.

After watching I can see why it was the winner of the Oscar. It was just that good.

Yesterday I went to the movies to see the new Cinderella 2015.

I wasn't so sure I wanted to see it until some friends told me it was not to be missed. It stars Lilly James who is Rose from Downton Abbey and it was so brilliantly done that it truly captivated me from beginning to end.
Cheryl...don't miss it!

I am trying to think what the last movie was that I saw. Pretty sure it was a kids movie, Big Hero 6 I think.

30 for 30 Shorts: Unhittable: Sidd Finch and the Tibetan Fastball Review:

30 for 30 Shorts: Unhittable: Sidd Finch and the Tibetan Fastball «

The free and short documentary is good one to look at. It is all about the April 1st sports Illustrated hoax they pulled off. This was about Sidd Finch, a Harvard dropout who spoke 10 languages, played the French horn, wore one hiking boot … and threw 168 mph.

They really got the public and other MLB teams to believe this guy was for real.

Yesterday I went to the movies to see the new Cinderella 2015.

I wasn't so sure I wanted to see it until some friends told me it was not to be missed. It stars Lilly James who is Rose from Downton Abbey and it was so brilliantly done that it truly captivated me from beginning to end.
Cheryl...don't miss it!

Thanks, Kay. I'm going to try to see Cinderella tomorrow afternoon. Don't know if that will work, because my granddaughters are still in town and I'm not sure of their plans yet. They're 10 and 13 and have other family here, too. If I don't go tomorrow, it may have to wait until spring break is over -I'd much rather go to the movies when school is in session. ;):)

I finally saw "Wild" yesterday. It was a good movie, and Reese Witherspoon was awesome in it. I so looked forward to seeing it on the big screen, but ended up watching it on Dish on Demand. Apparently the powers that be decided not to show it in our theater for some reason, which boggles my mind because the Pacific Crest Trail runs right through this area. Sheesh :rolleyes::mad: Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks, Kay. I'm going to try to see Cinderella tomorrow afternoon. Don't know if that will work, because my granddaughters are still in town and I'm not sure of their plans yet. They're 10 and 13 and have other family here, too. If I don't go tomorrow, it may have to wait until spring break is over -I'd much rather go to the movies when school is in session. ;):)

I finally saw "Wild" yesterday. It was a good movie, and Reese Witherspoon was awesome in it. I so looked forward to seeing it on the big screen, but ended up watching it on Dish on Demand. Apparently the powers that be decided not to show it in our theater for some reason, which boggles my mind because the Pacific Crest Trail runs right through this area. Sheesh :rolleyes::mad: Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot.

Golly, Cinderella would be great to see with your granddaughters Cheryl, and they are the perfect age. It's more sophisticated than we remember the Cinderella of our childhood. Just lovely.

Glad you enjoyed Wild...;) Although it lacked the details of the book, Reese did a great job with a good story.

Golly, Cinderella would be great to see with your granddaughters Cheryl, and they are the perfect age. It's more sophisticated than we remember the Cinderella of our childhood. Just lovely.

Glad you enjoyed Wild...;) Although it lacked the details of the book, Reese did a great job with a good story.

I would take them, but they already went to see it yesterday with their other local grammy - she beat me to it! :LOL::wub: And they did love it. :)

Last edited:
DRATT!! The battle of the gram's and the kids are the winners. I enjoyed it so much with just "me, myself and I" Cheryl. It would be lost with my little Cheyenne. ;)

Truth! :) With this huge blended family we have, so thankful that we all get along.

I love going to the movies solo, too. Often it's been just me in the whole theater, maybe a couple of other people. It feels like a private viewing and I can enjoy my own goodies I sneak in. :ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I would take them, but they already went to see it yesterday with their other local grammy - she beat me to it! :LOL::wub: And they did love it. :)

Gee, if they had kept quiet, they could have seen it twice. Then on the way out, they could have told you. :angel:

Roadfix and Princess...I just looked up Whiplash....sounds like a good one. I'll have to try and find it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom