What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw a fun documentary type piece called Can Eating Insects Save the World. It recently popped up on my local PBS network.

You can see it for free at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acxbx-DUkL4

One guy goes to places like Thailand to eat ants, water bugs, crickets, and tarantulas. He sees how people grow, hunt, and even cook them.

His interactions with some red ants late was so much fun.

I say in the end we need to eat more insects:chef:

I just finished watching The Circle. It was good. Big name cast. Well made. Nothing breakthrough about the plot, but thought provoking, nonetheless.

CD

Anyone else a big fan of 'Contact' with Jodie Foster? In the movie, they talk about Einstein's theory of relativity and say that when she leaves the earth she is will age 4 years and 50 years will pass on earth, then everyone she knows will be dead when she returns BUT in the time travel part of the movie, she leaves for 18 hours and the earth only sees a split second, SO it is opposite of the theory.Anyone else have some insight on it?

CHEF was the movie last night. We both loved it!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chef_(film)

This sounds like something I'd like! I'll have to find it.
-------------------------------------------------
I'm fixin' to kick back in the recliner and watch another foodie movie that I've seen a couple of times, but not recently. "The Hundred Foot Journey" with Helen Mirren. I love that movie.

"Maximum Ride" on Netflix Instant was good. It gets sort of average reviews, but we liked it a lot.

Just watched THE KENNEL MURDER CASE made in 1933. It stars William Powell and Mary Astor. It says that this is one of the best detective movies of the thirties and became a blueprint for almost every other murder mystery to follow. Directed by Michael Curtiz(whose life is quite a story).

Grandson Josh was off school today so this afternoon we watched HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE. Will watch the next one tomorrow. We have watched them all before but thats OK.

I had "Jackie" (2107) HBO as the TV backround of my evening. About the events of Nov. 11th. It wasn't too talky and I liked the soundtrack.

Last edited:
We watched "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" the other night, with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. I'd never seen it before. We really enjoyed it, although I knew that guy was going to be a jerk ;) [emoji38]

Watched "Our Souls at Night" on Netflix with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. Liked it a lot. Liked her in it better than anything I've seen her in.

Well, liked her in Barbarella an awful lot. ;)

Last edited:
We watched "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" the other night, with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. I'd never seen it before. We really enjoyed it, although I knew that guy was going to be a jerk ;) [emoji38]

I've never seen it but my brother won tickets to a theme park, for the whole family, from a radio station after that was the answer to the question asked.

One of the best ghost movies. Jerk or not, he touchingly eased her to the other side at the end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom