What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We finished watching a Netflix "Limited Series" last night. Kind of like a 7-hour movie...LOL. It is called Who is Erin Carter? The first episode is a little slow, but it does pickup from there. If you like fight scenes, car chases, espionage-type movies with a few twists...it is entertaining!

FYI, Paprika is leaving Tubi in three days. If you like anime, be quick.

I just watched Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, and I strongly recommend it. I do not play D&D, and I suspect that role-playing gamers will not be among those happy with the film. It is not a serious work. Everyone involved is having a grand time, and it shows. This is a well-done action comedy, great fun from beginning to end. D&D:HAT is on Amazon Prime Video; 2:14.
As someone who has played D&D and many rpgs, I loved D&D:HAT! If you liked it, you may like a series (animated) called The Legend of Vox Machina on Amazon Prime. There was a fantastic web series called "The Guild" that was fantastic for those who enjoyed MMOs. I'm definitely a nerdling. Don't touch my dice.

The Barbie movie. We went because of all the people who were offended, and we really liked it. We didn't expect we would, but we really thought it was fun and well done. Not a kid's movie though.

I liked the Dungeons & Dragons! Thought it was well done and hope they do more, without getting stupid about it.

Also leaving Prime soon is the movie with Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington "2 Guns" really a great movie! Think I just may watch it again tonight.

As someone who has played D&D and many rpgs, I loved D&D:HAT! If you liked it, you may like a series (animated) called The Legend of Vox Machina on Amazon Prime. There was a fantastic web series called "The Guild" that was fantastic for those who enjoyed MMOs. I'm definitely a nerdling. Don't touch my dice.
Vox Machina is the bomb!

Earth Vs. the Flying Saucers (1956). Pretty good. Special effects were decent for the era (Ray Harryhausen) but laughable by modern standards. But the science is more or less believable and the pacing is quite good. I love old science fiction movies.

Just before that, though, I watched DC League of Super Pets (2022). Not so good. Probably would hold the interest of the younger set but I wasn't thrilled. I streamed it, like I stream almost every movie I watch these days, and I found myself pausing it over and over.

We watched "Game Night" on Hulu. Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdam. It was an enjoyable movie with a couple of plot twists.

If you watch the movie, pay attention to the credits at the end.

The 39 Steps (1935). A clever, well-paced thriller from the master himself, Alfred Hitchcock. Robert Donat stars as a Canadian man who inadvertently learns about a spy plot and spends most of the movie on the run. Madeleine Carroll is the female lead, and you won't recognize any other names from the cast unless you're a film buff (assuming you even recognize these names). It's very dated - 88 years old! - but if one is patient quite enjoyable.

I can't believe it but I'm sure I've seen the film. It would have been sometime in the early 60's I'm sure not sure if it was on a black and white TV.

I remember it being very exciting!

There have been three versions: 1935, 1959, 1978, plus a TV movie version in 2008. The original takes a lot of liberties with the book, but it's usually regarded the best version.

Hard to top Hitchcock.

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (2001)

Not as good as the best episodes of the series, but don't let anyone tell you this is second rate stuff. Cowboy Bebop is legendary anime, and all things about Cowboy Bebop which made it extraordinary are here: the music, the deep characters, the humor, the poetic violence, the mysticism, the brilliance.

No one can claim to know anime unless they've seen Cowboy Bebop. This can be streamed on Tubi for free.

Three movies tonight. In order:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Meh. Gal Gadot almost saves the movie and in fact would have had she been in more than a few scenes. Mostly, it's kind of dull and depressing, not the kind of fare one wants in a superhero movie.

Justice League (2017)

Not the 4 hour Zack Snyder's Justice League, but the original theatrical release. It's okay; a bit stupid but entertaining enough. Lots of action, lot of Gal Gadot.

The Invisible Man (1933)

It turns out this was the breakout role for Claude Rains, and he hams it up gloriously. This also has Una O'Connor, who would be unforgettable in 1935 in The Bride of Frankenstein, and Henry Travers, whose face you would instantly recognize as that of Clarence, the angel from It's a Wonderful life. This is one of those movies I list under the heading of "Someday I'm going to get around to watching," so it is nice for me to cross one off that.

Binged watched "One Piece"

A great swashbuckling series. Giggling with good fun.
Limited to 8 episodes but left room for another season, I hope.
Pirates galore! Great fights!

Was traveling and watch some dumbest movie, again, Mike something-something last dance, oh my.
On the way back I watched Leap Year with Amy Adams, I like her, she is from Minnesota, movie though silly was very sweet and light. Truly enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom