What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally, we sat down and watched Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3. It was great. If you liked the first 2, you'll like this one. Although, the music was different and some later than it should have been...if Peter's mom was to have made the mix. Ah, well...they never really said. Watch it!

We watched a 2023 Neflix movie, A Beautiful Life. It is a Danish movie, but we watched it dubbed to English. It stars, Christopher, as a Danish Fisherman that is "discovered" and becomes a rising Pop star. No too many surprises, let's say, but the music is good and we enjoyed it.

The Notorious Landlady (1962). Starring Jack Lemmon, Kim Novak, Fred Astaire. Written by Larry Gelbart (creator of the M*A*S*H series) and Billy Wilder. Novak is the landlady in question; she is suspected by the Yard and the public at large for murder in the sudden disappearance of her husband. Lemmon is a state department flunky who takes out a flat in her house and Astaire is his boss. It is surprisingly, considering who's involved, not all that funny. It is, however, not a bad movie at all. Has it's moments.

1962, by the way, was a stunning year for movies. Just to name a few, there's Lawrence of Arabia, To Kill a Mockingbird, Lolita, The Manchurian Candidate, Dr. No, Advise and Consent, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, and more. A really, good year; many classics.

Oh, and now I think about it, I came about that year as well. So, you know... a VERY good year.

Ginny, I finally got around to watching Vol. 3 of Guardians of the Galaxy. I found there was something wrong with the beginning - it wasn't quite the same.

It did get better and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just the beginning, not so much.

The Manchurian Candidate - Lawrence of Arabia - two great movies!

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968). Another one off my someday list; this classic features Henry Fonda, in a rare role as a villain; Jason Robards, as a neer-do-well who's seen a lot in his time; Charles Bronson, as Sergio Leone's latest man without a name; and Claudia Cardinale, as a (smoking hot) newly widowed woman at the heart of the conflict. Not much story here, but beautiful cinematography and haunting music and LOTS of close-ups. If you can tolerate a slow-moving story, this is a nearly perfect movie.

No Country for Old Men (2007). This one hasn't been on my list for all that long, only 15 years. Javier Bardem is genuinely creepy, and Tommy Lee Jones is very likeable as a worn out sheriff nearing retirement. Watch it once, because once is enough.

My next movie is probably going to be something a little lighter, for sure!

We just watch the new The Flash on dvd. Lots of chase scenes and special effects. Other members of Justice League participate or show up in the movie...good entertainment!

Not a movie but an Australian TV series. HARROW on HULU. Harrow is a pathologist working for the coroner's office. We really enjoy it.

I enjoy Harrow too. Except - why do so many of these shows have to have so much angst around the principal characters. Are not each episode good enough to keep people coming back? They are for me! I just get tired of the other on going shenanigans. Haven't watched it for a while.

The Shape of Water (2017). Sally Hawkins is terrific as a mute, desperately lonely cleaning lady at a government facility which brings in (basically) the Creature from the Black Lagoon. She absolutely carries the movie despite not having any lines. It's a magical fantasy, but it's also a clever commentary about racism. The soundtrack is also magical. Recommended.

We just finished watching Forgotten Love. A new Netflix Polish movie. Don't let the title mislead you. A story about a man that loses his family and his memory and goes on a search. It is a GOOD movie.

The Prosecco Murders on Prime. The dubbing was just not natural, maybe in Italian it would have been great because the story actually was/is. I had a hard time watching but persevered and by the end it I have to say I enjoyed it - was good.

Sorry I'm not a more articulate critic.

We watched the Agatha Christie inspired movie, "Murder on the Orient Express". Good, not great. Kinda jerky jerky.

Andy, was it the remake of the Orient Express? or the original.
I don't remember the original too much other than in my tender years I liked it. The second one was OK too. By jerky, jerky - not understanding just what you mean by that. Good or bad jerky, jerky?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom