What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interstellar (2014). Although it was critically praised, and although I tend to like science fiction movies, I held off on this one because it looked to me, well, rather depressing. And while it is mostly a downer, it is quite well-made and ultimately very satisfying. I would say that Interstellar, Ex Machina, and Blade Runner 2049 represent the best science fiction movies I've seen in the last decade.

By a great margin.
Only saw Ex Machina out of these. I thought it it was horrible, not the movie, the story. So scary. So , … I don’t even know how to describe.

The Wrong Box (1966). Ralph Richardson, Michael Caine, Dudley Moore, Peter Cook, Peter Sellers, and more. From the synopsis from IMDB:

In 1818, England, a tontine (lottery) is established for 20 boys by their parents. Each parent put £1000 into the pot, the winner being the last surviving boy, will receive all the money (the total, over £100,000.00). The group dwindles until only 2 elderly brothers are left by 1882.

I say, they wouldn't be English if there wasn't some scheming going on! A quiet, genteel black comedy. Definitely more of its own time; they absolutely don't make movies like this anymore. Do not expect to be rolling on the floor, but a not unpleasant way to burn an hour and 45 minutes. Available for free on Tubi.

Last night, we finished the last of a Netflix Limited series show called, Bodies. 8, 1-hour episodes, a British Crime Thriller. Four detectives, four time periods of London. Lots of characters and story lines that are somehow related too. Sometimes, I had to stop and verify my memory with DH. This is a show that demands attention. Not a bad way to spend a few evenings. I do recommend it.

Last night, we finished the last of a Netflix Limited series show called, Bodies. 8, 1-hour episodes, a British Crime Thriller. Four detectives, four time periods of London. Lots of characters and story lines that are somehow related too. Sometimes, I had to stop and verify my memory with DH. This is a show that demands attention. Not a bad way to spend a few evenings. I do recommend it.
We have it on the telly now.

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once
(prime video $3.99 streamed)
I really liked it. I watched it 3 times.
Mr bliss did not like it and watched the first 30 minutes.
Parts of it were SO SILLY it was refreshing in the midst of heavy theories of multiple worlds/parallel in time. A mother daughter relationship full of angst. My favorite parts were the rocks. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

We watched The Misfits last night. It is a couple of years old, but new on Netflix. An action American heist movie with a great cast. And, of course, the "bad guys" are doing the heist for good reasons, making them the good guys. Entertaining and fun.

We watched Collateral last night on PLEX. Tom Cruise, Jamie Fox, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Mark Ruffalo, etc. Really good movie.

Over the weekend, we watched the Netflix Limited Series, All the Light We Cannot See. 4, 1-hour+/- episodes that take place in Nazi-Occupied France during WWII. A French blind girl, a young Nazi soldier, a radio and a cursed, but fantastic Jewell...are woven into an intriguing story, as the two main characters recall their lives and what has brought them to this place.

We enjoyed it very much. If you have time for a double-feature, or spread it out over a number of days, worth the watch. Cast includes Hugh Laurie (haven't seen him in like forever!) and Mark Ruffalo (he isn't green in this one :ROFLMAO:).

Over the weekend, we watched the Netflix Limited Series, All the Light We Cannot See. 4, 1-hour+/- episodes that take place in Nazi-Occupied France during WWII. A French blind girl, a young Nazi soldier, a radio and a cursed, but fantastic Jewell...are woven into an intriguing story, as the two main characters recall their lives and what has brought them to this place.

We enjoyed it very much. If you have time for a double-feature, or spread it out over a number of days, worth the watch. Cast includes Hugh Laurie (haven't seen him in like forever!) and Mark Ruffalo (he isn't green in this one :ROFLMAO:).
Watched some of that.

Watched Fear the night. Ok so it was not some cerebral movie to begin was. But it was ok for what it is. And hen at the end they go and totally mess everything up. Do not recommend

We watched a movie called Driven on Hulu last night. Turns out there are two movies with this name. We stumbled on the more highly rated one (3 stars vs. 2½ stars) although we didn't know that at the time. It's the story of John DeLorean and his descent into criminal activity to finance his car company. Jason Sedakis is the big name in the cast.

I am a sucker for “feel good” family or love story movies. My wife says I was a woman in the pas life. Watched “Instant Family” with Mark Wolberg and Rose Byrne. Based on the true story of the person who co-directed the movie. If you like these kinds of movies, I strongly recommend it.

We watched The Killer on Netflix. DH gives it a 5 on a scale of 1-10. I might give it a little more. The movie centers around a professional assassin and when a job goes sideways, the repercussions take him on a worldwide chase, using a number of amusing and familiar pseudonyms. The assassin annoyingly narrates the movie plot and his train of thought. The movie starts in Paris and moves around Europe, the U.S. and South America. Some interesting scenery and chase scenes...if you have nothing better to do, go ahead and watch it.

We rewatched all the Harry Potter movies over the last few weeks as research for TB's screenplay he is entering into a few competitions. It's funny, I still see new things in them I haven't seen in the 3 or 4 times I watched them before!

We also watched the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs movies as comic relief and because TB had never seen them.

I loved that series.

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once
(prime video $3.99 streamed)
I really liked it. I watched it 3 times.
Mr bliss did not like it and watched the first 30 minutes.
Parts of it were SO SILLY it was refreshing in the midst of heavy theories of multiple worlds/parallel in time. A mother daughter relationship full of angst. My favorite parts were the rocks. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.
I didn't get all the way through the first time as it triggered my anxiety with all the sped-up scenes. But TB watched it that night and told me that it gets better. So, just after the Oscars, I watched it all the way through and loved it—no panic attacks cause I knew what to expect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom