What's your favorite brand of chocolate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
What's your favorite brand of chocolate?

I'm a sucker for Cadbury....Dove would be next.

I'm still debating over the whole Hershey's vs Nestle's thing..I might have to buy a bar of each tomorrow and have a taste test..:LOL:

Call me crazy but I was not all that impressed with Godiva....don't get me wrong, I'll still buy a bar when I see one (can we say chocoholic???) but it's not on my top list.

Angie said:
Call me crazy but I was not all that impressed with Godiva....don't get me wrong, I'll still buy a bar when I see one (can we say chocoholic???) but it's not on my top list.

I am not impressed either! I have found these other things called Nibby Bars.. .I am not sure who makes them, but they had tiny pieces of cocoa in them and they are scrumptious!!! I get these at a whole foods type store... I will try to get better info on them next time I get one.

I don't know why I started this topic...now I want chocolate and I need to save my Symphony bars for my cookies...I can raid my daughter's Easter basket, I guess! Bad mom....

Angie said:
I don't know why I started this topic...now I want chocolate and I need to save my Symphony bars for my cookies...I can raid my daughter's Easter basket, I guess! Bad mom....

LOL!! I have two truffles left over from Vosges... gonna go get them now!!!!

I am bad....I has some of her Hershey's kisses, she wont notice. She's actually my step daughter and we only get her every other weekend, so the candy sticks around for a LONG time...unless I raid it...

Godiva is only really good with dark chocolate, IMO. I havn't had cadburry in a long time, since I was very young, so I don't remember enough about it... but I know I like Hershey's and Dove alot. Nestle doesn't even deserve to be compared. Nestle just puts a bunch of chrisped rice and wafers and other kinds of cookies into all of their chocolate, but they hardly even sell chocolate as just chocolate.

Banana Brain said:
Godiva is only really good with dark chocolate, IMO. I havn't had cadburry in a long time, since I was very young, so I don't remember enough about it... but I know I like Hershey's and Dove alot. Nestle doesn't even deserve to be compared. Nestle just puts a bunch of chrisped rice and wafers and other kinds of cookies into all of their chocolate, but they hardly even sell chocolate as just chocolate.

I just had a Cadbury egg....heavenly....their Caramelos are the best.

Nestles has a plant in my hometown...they bought out Carnation so I am somewhat partial to them. I have NOT had a plain Nestle's bar in ages though. I will say that I do prefer their baking chips the best, though...

Angie said:
I just had a Cadbury egg....heavenly....their Caramelos are the best.

Nestles has a plant in my hometown...they bought out Carnation so I am somewhat partial to them. I have NOT had a plain Nestle's bar in ages though. I will say that I do prefer their baking chips the best, though...
Of course, Nestle has the greatest semi-sweet morsels. I've been having these dark chocolate bars by Nestle I bought called Vita-Bars that are supposed to be for health (the antoxidants) but they taste like crap.

I really enjoy Ghirardelli chocolates. Every year I get a selection for Christmas from my daughters. I have to supply myself the rest of the year. Their chocolate chips are very good as well.

In general, I prefer dark chocolate and also find Dove Dark Chocolate Promises to be addictive.

After touring a Cadbury factory, you could not pay me to eat it. The place was a pig sty!

I love El Rey Chocolate from Venezuela. Very good with a strong chocolate flavor including the milk choc. You can buy it online too.

Swann said:
After touring a Cadbury factory, you could not pay me to eat it. The place was a pig sty!

I love El Rey Chocolate from Venezuela. Very good with a strong chocolate flavor including the milk choc. You can buy it online too.

I like the 70% cocoa chocolate bars, they have to be considered some sort health aid because I feel so good after I eat me a few pieces!

Why has no one mentioned galaxy lol.

MY favourite is one from canada. I cant remember what it was called, but my brother brought a box of chocs back from there when he was on holiday and i can still remember the taste of it, it was blodddy goood. It was some kind of maple chocolate. Yummmmy.

Haggis said:
Lindt 75% Chocolate. Nothing else.

Milk chocolate is rubbish.
I'll agree. I'm not one for milk chocolate. The higher the cocoa content the happier I am.
But I've never had about 80(?)%, and I think much higher may be too intense.

I Love Chocolate!

I am eating a peice of Dove Dark Chocolate right now, Yummy ! I love chocolate:wub:. I usually buy Dove, Ferrero Rocher's, or just about any chocolate I can get my hands on:blush: .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom