What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was only 78° at around 8:30 this morning, but dew all over everything. Even at 11:15 the plants and lawn were wet, since the humidity was still 70%. I'll have to wait until late in the day, when it's much warmer (92° forecast), but the plants should be dried off, though I won't be.

And they say the smoke is showing up in the area again.:(

Huh, you know what, taxy? Maybe I did! I don't get those Amber Alerts anymore. I used to get them in Ste Justine, Que from Niagara Falls, On. Over 600 km away and at 3 am they were extremely annoying to say the very least!

Our weather? Not so nice right now, however the temp is a mild 72F. But...

Rain, rain and more rain. Poured 2 inches of the wet stuff out of the rain gauge before we went to bed about 10 last night. Dumped another 7 inches this morning before breakfast, 'bout 8 a.m. It's so dark it's almost like nighttime.

Still coming down and the forecast is for this to last all day today and into tomorrow. Flash flooding is predicted/expected and our puddles have puddles.

.25" here by almost 9 am this morning, when I went to Aldi, but it had slowed down to barely a drizzle, so it hadn't changed by the time I got back, 25 minutes later. By 10:15 it was up to .31", so it has speeded up a little bit, but still not flooding rains around here. Cooler - about 75°, though still very humid, of course, with all that rain. Still supposed to get to 89° today.

It is in the 60's here at Grayland. The marine layer is rolling in. So much so, that you would almost think it is thick smoke blowing by. We are packing up and heading to a new campground today. Hoping the wi-fi reception is better there. It was last time. Fingers and paws crossed!

Hot!!! 🥵

1690369396686.jpeg

It finally got below 90° at 7:45 pm (89°), and the DP was 72°, so it was still disgusting out there, and that wind had died down, making it even worse. When it was 94° with a HI of 103° earlier, at least it was windy, but I still did nothing in the garden today. Except pick a few more ripe Sunsugars to snack on, when I was out there in the morning.

It's 93° out there now, at 5:30 pm, heat index of 102°, so it's gone down a couple degrees from the hottest today. I'm waiting for the shade to go over the entire garden - I'll go out there briefly, but not very long! Supposed to be about the same tomorrow, but finally getting cooler.

It's hot and humid. The sky is gloomy and we have a sever thunderstorm warning. That sounds exciting, since we are waiting for DH's brother to come pick us up and take us to Cornwall, ON. I hope there is no excitement involved in that ~100km journey.

The weather is hot....sweltering hot with humidity. We are told daily there will be rain (thunderstorms) and so I do not water. And no rain. Meh.

I never use to water when rain was predicted. Learned my lesson. Sometimes they get an extra soaking anyhow but mostly I'm glad I did!
We have the same prediction for about 3am with thunder, lightning, rain... I watered anyhow. They are so wilted from the heat.

We will be hot again today, likely triple digits. No rain and no cooling predicted for the week ahead. We, too, Dragnlaw are watering faithfully.
Our only hope is that the local meteorologists are as accurate as usual, and we get a good downpour and temps in the 80's.

Started a gentle rain here about 8 am. Suddenly got very heavy, thunder and one clap right beside my window. Pretty sure there is a dent in the ceiling above me.

Despite hearing thunder for about 4 hours last night, and seeing lighting much of the time, I only got .17" of rain, so the heavy parts of the front went north and south of me! It was only 80° when I went out around 9 am, but dew all over still, so I didn't do much. Today is supposed to be the last day in the mid 90s for a while, with some thunderstorms later on, due to the humidity, and the humidity and temperature are supposed to be coming down.

These were the conditions yesterday afternoon as DH was preparing to go golfing.
Screenshot_20230728-150245_WeatherBug.jpg

He and his friend survived 😁 It's going to be much the same today.

Gorgeous day today, compared to the horrible heat and humidity that's been in the area lately. Only got to 80° today, and the dewpoint was only 52°, and breezy all day. I was out there much of the day, making up for very short days in this heat. Already below 70° at 10:30 pm. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer, but not much, and still low humidity.

We too had a drop in temperature. This morning it's on the rise from 58 (14) when I got up. Supposed to get to about 70 (22) around noon, but then the clouds and thunderous rain is going to start.
I'd better get the bunnies done this morning (usually do them after lunch) before I take an involuntary shower out there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom