What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, around 5 pm, I thought I was in Florida, when I was thinking of going outside, since it had finally cleared up, and gotten sunny, but it was raining harder than it had these last two days! However, it only rained .01" extra, to .51", as it stopped fairly quickly. This evening it started up again, and it's still raining, up to .87" for today. Thunder in the distance, but that can change.

It finally starting raining more - by 11:30 pm it was up to 2.59", in addition to the .37" yesterday. The most rain I've had all year! It has been incredibly dry here, and most slow moving storms like this have flooded nearby areas, but missed here.

The rainfall total got to 3.44", after .31" overnight, so this is definitely the most rain in this area all year - more than double the 1.47", back in July. Still only 74° at nearly noon, but the dewpoint is 71°, so almost everything is still like it just rained on it! And absolutely no wind, so it's still disgusting out there, just for a few minutes!

Last edited:
A cold front moved in, and we had 70 degree temperatures at 7 a.m. We could turn off the air conditioning, open the house, and enjoy the fresh air and listen to the birds. Prediction for the rest of the week is more of the same, with increasing chances of rain. We are really hoping for rain, since we are under severe drought and asked to conserve water.

After 1.52" of rain yesterday from Ophelia, it's up to .79" as of 11:55 pm Sunday. Lasting through later Monday, though not a lot expected. Got a little warmer today - 66° - and may get a little warmer tomorrow, but still wet.

Temperatures have plummeted, from 80s to 60s in twenty-four hours, after heavy rainstorns , way too early for Autumn weather, our Summers used to last until mid October!

We're in Tennessee and it's sunny and high 70s every day with mid 50s at night. No complaints from us tourists, but locals are grumbling about the lack of rain.

3rd day of rain here, too, but less again - only .12", even though it's been wet all day. Just very slow drizzle much of the day. Only got to 65°.

Screenshot_20230926-200450_The Weather Channel.jpg

It was miserable again today, though only misting, not raining all day, and it only got to .05", but the car was covered with dew all day. I did go out finally and harvest some beans, and cherry tomatoes, though it was still damp out there. Only up to 63°, but tomorrow is supposed to dry out for one day, then back to wet!

Weather is co-operating. Thankfully!
Trying to clean the front garden which wasn't touched all summer. Weeds and grass are firmly entrenched. But my body only allows about 5 feet at a time. Getting there! Have a bunch of new tulip bulbs to toss in when I'm finally done.

It looks like you're still getting most of our rain, CG! I did nothing outside today. Though the temp was ok, it was very windy - 20 mph sustained, and 35-40 mph gusts. It was supposed to rain more, but only .01", and nothing before midnight - I think there was more dew than rain! Tomorrow is supposed to get only to 59°, and windy again. Fortunately, not much I have to do out there yet. They are talking about windchill already, but in less than a week, back in the 70s.

We are getting rain from that nor'easter. There haven't been downpours, but lots of off and on rain. We got about 20-25 mm today and are expecting 25-40 mm of rain tomorrow. We are also expecting winds gusting to 65 km/hr tomorrow.

We also had rain pretty much all of Friday. Not heavy but constant for fairly long periods of time. Stopping strategically just long enough to let the dog out!
Lasted into Saturday morning but then the afternoon was quite nice with temperatures up to 50 F.
It is 41 F this morning (Sunday) and cloudy. The high is going to be 47 F by about 3pm when the sun finally comes out around 2pm.
No complaints here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom