When do you use sesame oil in your cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, EVOO could even be used to deep fry. I don't think I'm going to trust the info about sesame oil from a site where people claim you can't fry with EVOO.

Yes you can sauté with it, not extremely high heat, but you can cook with it.
I disagree. It would take too much of it and there wouldn't be any more flavors in the dish. Perhaps you could add a little sesame oil to cooking oil but it is easier just to put a little on the dish.

I disagree. It would take too much of it and there wouldn't be any more flavors in the dish. Perhaps you could add a little sesame oil to cooking oil but it is easier just to put a little on the dish.
While I agree with your opinion of when to use sesame oil and can't imagine deep frying in EVOO. It's just that, an opinion. The posts you quoted stated facts.

While I agree with your opinion of when to use sesame oil and can't imagine deep frying in EVOO. It's just that, an opinion. The posts you quoted stated facts.
Olive oil isn't a very good choice for frying because it has a lower smoke point than other vegetable oils. Also it is many times more expensive. Also it loses most of its flavor in the process. I use olive oil blends for low temp sautes but I would never think of using it for true frying. EVOO is for flavoring food, not for cooking in my view.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom