Which Food(s) Do You Dislike Immensely?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can see this is quite an anti Brussel Sprout Forum of Members ... so far it is the most disliked veggie.

@ V,

Even chocolate brownie cheesecake or white chocolate cheesecake with mangos ?

Thanks for all the interesting replies ...
Ciao. Off to take drive, to explore ...
Margi

I am very fond of Brussel sprouts, but I almost never get to eat them. DH gets nauseous at the smell. It has to do with an entire field of Brussels sprouts on fire, when he was a kid. (I wouldn't have thought they could catch fire like that.)

@ V,

Even chocolate brownie cheesecake or white chocolate cheesecake with mangos ?
Nope, just can't stand the taste. I want to like it because it comes in so many amazing flavours and varieties, just like the ones you mentioned.

At family functions, someone usually brings a cheesecake. And everyone always tells me to try it because "it doesn't even taste like cheesecake". I always give it a taste, hoping to like it. But haven't found one I liked yet :(

Salmon(cooked).......nasty strong taste, however I love lox.

lima beans........it's a texture thing

sweet potatoes......especially disgusting with marshmallow topping

brussel sprouts........although I'm about to try them again. I saw a recipe for them with BACON. We all know most anything is tolerable with bacon.:pig:

brussel sprouts........although I'm about to try them again. I saw a recipe for them with BACON. We all know most anything is tolerable with bacon.:pig:

Try roasting those sprouts with evoo salt and fresh ground pepper. They are great. Love them.
kades

I agree, but you should try the Brussels sprouts only lightly cooked. Much nicer when the colour hasn't gone a bit khaki/yellowish.

I bet you would like gravad laks (marinated salmon).

OKRA,Salmon,undercooked eggs that looklike nose drippings, steak well done,red licorice,Italian hot sausage, any sausage for that matter.
kades:sick:

I forgot to mention cherry pie.......oh how I hate cherry pie. Shudder.
I don't like red cherries at all, or blueberries either.

Kades and TL, I will follow your advice about brussel sprouts and try again.

TL, I've looked at your recipe for gravad laks many times and I'm really going to give it a go one day soon.

Kayelle said:

I agree with everything but lima beans, Kayelle. Forgot about the salmon, thought it was just me who can't stand it unless it's smoked.

Don't even bother with bacon with brussels sprouts, it just ruins perfectly good bacon. Been there, done that, not doing it again.

Liver- Oddly enough, I liked it as a kid, especially deer liver, and I was a really picky child.

Seafood- I grew up in Maine around some of the planet's best seafood. I have tried, shrimp, scallops, lobster, and various kinds of fish. I just can't get past the smell, even the very subtle smell of really fresh seafood. I also don't really like the texture of most of it.

Strangely enough I can't think of one "normal" thing I won't eat. I am the least picky person i know! Stinky cheese, shellfish, offal, etc. The only stuff I won't eat are things on like bizarre foods: bugs, eyeballs, horseys.
Ditto.

About the only thing I can think of I wouldn't try is that raw monkey brains dish they eat in China or wherever. :ohmy:

Last edited:
I always find this topic extremely interesting. I reckon I am in the minority, but there just ain't much, if anything, I don't like. I am at the top of the food chain.....I eat ever'thing. Mrs Hoot just lets me be about it although she does look at me sideways from time to time.

Bananas--can't stand the texture (except in Banana bread)
Pears--can't stand the texture raw--can handle them cooked
Fishy tasting fish
Velveeta
Cheese Whiz

Siegal said:
It's like the weird innards of an animal: brain tongue intestine liver stomach etc

Yep. Won't eat any animal innards period. Liver is a filter for bad things - I don't believe such was meant to be consumed. Nor would I even be willing to try things like eyeballs or other unmentionables.

Anything and everything that has "cream of ____" soup as an ingredient. Including dishes that have sat next to dishes that have cream of __:sick:__ in them. haha

Hot dogs, jello & peas are definitely on the will-not-eat list.

Lots of things I don't mind, but would just rather not: hamburger comes to mind, lima beans have been known to remain in a pile on my plate, uncooked celery (absolutely ruins egg / tuna / chicken salads, imo!), tomato-based sauces in general and cooked / baked raisins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom