Who is your fave celebrity chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your fave celebrity chef?

• Emeril Lagasse

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jamie Oliver

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Jeff Smith

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Julia Child

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Mario Batali

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Nigella Lawson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rachael Ray

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other (tell us who and why in the post!)

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mrsmac said:
I would love to got to one of Gordon's restaurants, did you watch Gordon Ramsay's Boiling Point??? I also liked Guess Who's Coming to dinner (or something along those lines) where chefs helped regular people prepare a meal for their friends.
DH and I saw Ainsley do a cooking show here and he was great- such an entertainer as well.

Yes, that Guess Who's Coming to Dinner was a great series, I loved it.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but did you know that Ainsley Harriott used to be the chef at the MCC - the Oval?!!!!

Oh and I forgot to add Raymond Blanc and Christoph Novelli to my list of favourites.

urmaniac13 said:
I bet Oprah was in one of her "FAT STREAKS" while Paula was on her show:ROFLMAO:

Great thread & enjoyed reading all the responses. Thank you urmaniac. Sorry, but feel this one is not nice.

I really enjoy Alton Brown. I find his down to earth approach very appealing. I love how he actually explains the "why" behind things. He doesn't just spout cliches. He actually explains what happens in the kitchen in a way that most people can understand.

GB said:
I really enjoy Alton Brown. I find his down to earth approach very appealing. I love how he actually explains the "why" behind things. He doesn't just spout cliches. He actually explains what happens in the kitchen in a way that most people can understand.

Alton does have a "unique" approach (compared to run-o-the-mill cooking shows), in that he gives lots & factual(?) information & trys to be entertaining at the same time. Don't think he should be a moderator on the Iron Chef show. I turned his down-to-earth approach show off after his lobster episode - a food I love. To prove his point that lobster was a bug, he squelched a cockroach.

Raine said:
Justin Wilson
Alton Brown

Raine:

I thought of Justin Wilson too. I wondered if anyone would come up with his name. He was a colorful character and
i enjoyed his shows. Too bad we won't see him anymore.

oooops, how could I forget about Tim :ohmy: ! Sure thing, Tim Mälzer is also on my list :)

Well and Bio, he does not suit me down to the ground.....

It's hard to pick... I like different celeb chefs for different reasons. I think Alton Brown is really interesting if he's on a subject that I find particularly interesting to me (otherwise he quickly makes my head esplode). I used to really enjoy Jeff Smith's approach - - he would usually offer a cultural lesson relating to the food he was preparing. Sometimes I like the 'quick and easy' chefs that show how you can do something pretty easy that would be impressive to guests.

I don't know... I don't know... I don't know... :wacko:

Oh, one I also enjoy watching is the guy who travels around the world to eat stuff...man, I can't remember his name. I think he has a place in NY...Tony something or other? I'm sure someone will know who I'm talking about...

htc said:
Oh, one I also enjoy watching is the guy who travels around the world to eat stuff...man, I can't remember his name. I think he has a place in NY...Tony something or other? I'm sure someone will know who I'm talking about...

htc, you read my mind. I wanted to say I'd love Al Roker's job.

Also wanted to mention some of the shows I'd like to see aired again are Martin Yan & Biba (Cooks Italian). Food Network has much to offer, but after having read about the chefs around the world that I never get to see (on TV), think Food TV should broaden its horizons & bring more of a variety to the viewing public. So often the same "personalities' " show's are aired over & over, i.e. Rachael & Emeril. Would like to see more rotating of shows & time-slots/airings rather than the same old same old. Sometimes I forget how much PBS (Public Broadcasting) has to offer. I will start tuning them "in."

Since i do most Italian cooking, my absolute favorite is Giada De Laurentiis:in_love: .
But on the other end of the spectrum, my second is Paula Deen, (that good 'ol southern charm of her's had gotten the best of me).
Then there is Michael Chiarello that has great food with entertaining ideas.
And lastly Cat Cora, because again that southern charm, but her food with all the richness of the south, mixed in with sophistication of European influence is done quite well.

I like Jacques Pepin, particularly when they paired him with Julia Child. The two of them had a great chemistry, and I thought Jacques showed her a great deal of respect onscreen.

BC

My fav is Paula Deen; she uses real food and makes dishes that all of us can serve to our family and friends anytime. Many of her dishes can be fancied up if needed. She just comes across as more real. I really like Jacques with Julia too!!! Still hard to believe she is gone..........

Julia Child
Wolfgang Puck
Emeril Lagasse (I like his recipes, but its hard for me to watch him sometimes)
Ming Tsai
Martin Yan
Paula Deen

I'm sure there are others, but thats all I can think of at the moment..

Back
Top Bottom