Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RB, are you saying you feel bad about eating them because of your diet?

Yes. I know what the trigger is and I cannot avoid the trigger.
I have always been one to avoid sweets most my whole life. Never made much fuss over any sweets.
Now as I am a bit older, I guess I got a sweet tooth.

It's not what we do every now and then that shapes our lives, and our butts, it's what we do everyday that counts! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thanks Bea. Yep, thankfully I do not do this every day. But it still does bother me for doing it.

I guess it has much to do with my way of keeping myself at a decent weight. I know what puts on the pounds. I know exactly what does it, yet I am still a slave to this desire at least once per week.
Hint: It always happens after boys night out.........:LOL:

I'm in the middle of a cake order and I am finding I am NOT continually tasting the frosting, or eating cake remnants as I used to. I taste until it is right and then am staying away from it without a lot of conscious effort. This is a huge improvement. I don't really want it. I think my success at the pool and the fact I have little appetite are the major factors in the change.

I am patting myself on the back :innocent:

And here is another pat for you. You will find that the longer you keep your sugar intake down, the less you will miss it and the less you will be tempted to take a taste. Good work LP. Keep it up! :angel: :angel:

Good for you on your weight loss!! It's a great feeling. It does a ger a little easier as time goes on.

I had deep water aerobics today, just a short 45 mn class.

I am on the Paleo diet currently. I have already lost about 10 pounds. It is hard to do but I am getting there.

Good for you. Just remember you have the whole DC community rooting for you. Go girl!! You can do it!! If SimonBaker can do it, so can you!! :angel:

Good for you. Just remember you have the whole DC community rooting for you. Go girl!! You can do it!! If SimonBaker can do it, so can you!! :angel:

Addie is right!! Fantastic support system here on DC to help you along too!:):angel::angel:

Yes. I know what the trigger is and I cannot avoid the trigger.
I have always been one to avoid sweets most my whole life. Never made much fuss over any sweets.
Now as I am a bit older, I guess I got a sweet tooth.

Thanks Bea. Yep, thankfully I do not do this every day. But it still does bother me for doing it.

I guess it has much to do with my way of keeping myself at a decent weight. I know what puts on the pounds. I know exactly what does it, yet I am still a slave to this desire at least once per week.
Hint: It always happens after boys night out.........:LOL:

Maybe it would be healthier (mentally) to look at your week as a whole. What I mean is, whatever you are counting, does that one treat derail your eating plan completely or is it just a blip on the radar. Dieting and weight management is about 90% psychological. What seems like a disaster one day, is barely a blip when you take the week as a whole. I would just try to keep blips at a minimum, but allow them here and there. Deprivation is the #1 best way to fail at a diet plan.

Calories counting has never worked for me in the past. So I don't count calories. I watch my carb intake and lose weight. I don't even follow Atkins to the tee. But I do know how my body works and what works for my body.

RB, I am just using your post as an example. This statement says it all. Everyone has to do what works for their own body. People can suggest what works for them, but in the end, each person has to choose for themselves.

In the past, eating a balanced diet in moderation worked for me. Since I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple years ago, that no longer works. I had some high readings lately so I cut way back on carbs. I was shocked to get on the scale this morning and see that I was down 6 lbs. Will I ever eat sweets or carbs again? Yes. Will I beat myself up over it? No. I will just do my best to do what my body needs. My body. Not someone else's.

CWS, I eat similarly to the way you do....big breakfast with protein, smaller lunch and dinner. My body likes that.

Roll Bones, many times I don't eat breakfast as soon as I get up. It can be up to 11 AM before I eat, like you. But I still consider it breakfast, the first meal of the day. When I do that, my next meal is dinner and then I eat a snack in the evening. I don't think there's anything wrong with "skipping" breakfast, or "delaying" it. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied. Breakfast doesn't have to be traditional breakfast food, and lunch or dinner can be breakfast food if that's what you want. This is just my opinion, which may differ from others.

RB, I am just using your post as an example. This statement says it all. Everyone has to do what works for their own body. People can suggest what works for them, but in the end, each person has to choose for themselves.

Yes, and that is why this is an encouragement thread - we praise and encourage people as they go through their own walk. Weight loss is a personal choice and a tough road. We need to make our own choices but can't do it without the encouragement of others and hearing THEIR success stories/stumbling blocks as well.

Maybe it would be healthier (mentally) to look at your week as a whole. What I mean is, whatever you are counting, does that one treat derail your eating plan completely or is it just a blip on the radar. Dieting and weight management is about 90% psychological. What seems like a disaster one day, is barely a blip when you take the week as a whole. I would just try to keep blips at a minimum, but allow them here and there. Deprivation is the #1 best way to fail at a diet plan.

Its a blip that leads to these things being in my possession and subsequent consumption.
I bought about a 1/2 gallon of ice cream and three bags of those new single bite candy bars. (they are fantastic by the way)
So I had ice cream for three nights instead of one night. The candy were very small bags so they were gone in a flash.
I assume my carb intake all evens out as I have had nothing extra for two nights. I may not eat anymore sweets for another week or two.
Thanks chef.

CWS, I eat similarly to the way you do....big breakfast with protein, smaller lunch and dinner. My body likes that.

Roll Bones, many times I don't eat breakfast as soon as I get up. It can be up to 11 AM before I eat, like you. But I still consider it breakfast, the first meal of the day. When I do that, my next meal is dinner and then I eat a snack in the evening. I don't think there's anything wrong with "skipping" breakfast, or "delaying" it. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied. Breakfast doesn't have to be traditional breakfast food, and lunch or dinner can be breakfast food if that's what you want. This is just my opinion, which may differ from others.

Yep, my breakfast would be lunch. Then one more meal at around 7 pm. If I would stay away from snacks after that last meal, I would not gain any extra weight.
This is where I have the problem. Very late at night. I sometimes do not sleep until well after 2-3 am.

Yes, and that is why this is an encouragement thread - we praise and encourage people as they go through their own walk. Weight loss is a personal choice and a tough road. We need to make our own choices but can't do it without the encouragement of others and hearing THEIR success stories/stumbling blocks as well.

Well said.

Its a blip that leads to these things being in my possession and subsequent consumption.
I bought about a 1/2 gallon of ice cream and three bags of those new single bite candy bars. (they are fantastic by the way)
So I had ice cream for three nights instead of one night. The candy were very small bags so they were gone in a flash.
I assume my carb intake all evens out as I have had nothing extra for two nights. I may not eat anymore sweets for another week or two.
Thanks chef.
I LOVE ice cream, really love the stuff. I can't keep it in the house because a carton is 3-4 servings max for me. If I'm going to have ice cream I go out for it, enjoy it and move on. If I had it in the house I would eat it every night until it was gone. Same thing with small candy bars or truffles, they are so easy to pop in your mouth. I wouldn't eat a full sized candy bar every day, but I would eat 2-3 mini candy bars or truffles, doesn't make much sense, but that's how my brain works!:wacko:

I LOVE ice cream, really love the stuff. I can't keep it in the house because a carton is 3-4 servings max for me. If I'm going to have ice cream I go out for it, enjoy it and move on. If I had it in the house I would eat it every night until it was gone. Same thing with small candy bars or truffles, they are so easy to pop in your mouth. I wouldn't eat a full sized candy bar every day, but I would eat 2-3 mini candy bars or truffles, doesn't make much sense, but that's how my brain works!:wacko:

I understand completely, Bakechef. I like to keep ice cream in the house for the two young girls I often have come over after school (or like now during spring break when their Mom's are working). I love ice cream but have gotten accustomed to Breyers and other high end ones or my own home made. So, I buy the big tubs at Costco. You would think that this would be more dangerous but it isn't because I east less of this kind. And if I am given a bag of small chocolates (say the foil covered mini-eggs) I will down them quickly, but a chocolate bar of any regular or large size can stay intact for days even if there is nothing else around. It seems I don't want to be the one to "break it". But once it is, I can't help myself.

I went to the pool today to make up for yesterday when I had one of my "girls" over and had such a rough night's sleep the night before. It felt really good. I will still do my regular time tomorrow as I am also meeting with my previous YMCA trainer for a refresher of the stretches and weights program I was on before. I won't be starting it for a bit (need to let the pool work for a couple of weeks) but this is the best time for us to meet. She understands all my conditions and is very encouraging. There was no reprimands for giving it up - she knew the circumstances of Dad and then my health. She just said let's regroup and think positive!

I skipped the work out today, feeling a little guilty about it, my legs were a little sore. Short staffed at work today so had to run my butt off there today. Back at it tomorrow.

I skipped the work out today, feeling a little guilty about it, my legs were a little sore. Short staffed at work today so had to run my butt off there today. Back at it tomorrow.

SB, if you ran your butt off at work today, that constitutes a workout, IMHO! No need to feel guilty!

I don't buy things I shouldn't be eating, but DH does. He will buy a carton of ice cream and eat 1 serving. Guess who finishes it? It hasn't worked that way this time. I ate one serving of that carton and there it sits, in the freezer. I refuse to eat any more of it, no matter how much I like it. I'm declaring war!!!

Back
Top Bottom