Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL I did, I'm trying REALLY hard not to comment on that one,

I'm pleading the 5th amendment on that one.

(gulps evening Brandy.....)

E&J VSOP

I think its pretty good for $20. Can't afford much more and its cheper than smoking. ;)

True True. Hey everyone has their poison!! Im trying to convince myself italian ices arent a bad part of my diet...**** simple syrup and all that sugar......

I don't even eat that much. My day is jut all screwed up. I come home so late and then start eating. I could easily loose 60 + pounds. 140-150 would be ideal for me. Not 206. I have hard time walking. :(

I could stand to lose 15- 20 lbs. The weight really has crept up on me in the past year.

ok seeing you guys started this maybe i'll try again. 5 years ago lost 40 pounds looked and felt great, i've now gained 25 of it back and can no longer fit into any of my clothes because i got rid of all my "fat" clothes.

Yay! What a great response! Loved reading all of your replies. :)

I'm down 12lbs since last fall, I would have lost a couple more this month but the drinking and late night eating killed that! :mad:

The thing that really has helped me is to know the nutritional info on everything I eat. Not just calories, but carbs, fat, protein & fiber. When I make a new recipe I put it into a recipe analyzer to find out what exactly I'm eating. There are several free online calorie counting sites which make things super easy!

And of course we must get our daily exercise! Just a 30 minute brisk walk per day makes a big difference. I also feel sooo much better with daily exercise, it also helps me sleep better.

Did you know we burn less calories as we age? That just seems so unfair! I had no clue how many calories per day it takes to keep our bodies alive. I also didn't know how hard you have to work to burn calories with exercise! Blah!

Anywho, thanks so much for the great response and I hope we can all support each other in our quest for healthy lives! :mrgreen:

It was a great idea Kitty, keeps me a little more honest, seeing as this is where I am all day! Gotta have someone to answer to!

there is a known figure for your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), the calories the body uses at rest for its functions, but I totally forget what that range is.

What I strive for is to get my stomach to growl. I figure I need that to happen in order for my body to use fat for fuel. I have no idea if that is true, but that is what I aim for. The more growls the better!! I never eat until I am full, I eat just enough to take off the hunger feeling. I usually can sustain this mode for a few weeks, but not much longer.

Eat a light breakfast, this is very important. It will trick your metabolism into thinking this is a good day, food wise, and will proceed at a higher metabolic rate than if you skipped breakfast. I also eat a light supper. If I can follow this method, my stomach will be growling in the mornings:w00t2:.

okay, when was the last time your stomach growled:)?

Actually, I'm better with a large breakfast. Well not huge... a couple eggs, veggies or fruit, toast. I am not hungry until dinner, not even then sometimes. Keeps me eating very light for lunch and dinner.

oh kitty, you would be depressed to learn how few calories are burned during exercise. I have a book that breaks down caloric expenditure for different exercises, and different body weights per minute, truely depressing:(.

It still is the way to go, exercising every day. That is my downfall, I have no regular exercise program, just sporadic farming chores. Twice now dh and I have taken bike trips, but that can happen only on the weekends and weekends fill up fast with other activities.

Good inspiration here:)

I usually eat 3 meals and 1-2 small snacks per day. Some people think eating 6 smaller meals is better. No way could I skip brekkie! Going all day without eating is not a good thing, but many people think it helps with weight loss. It actually makes our body store more fat!

Thanks Beth, first thing I figured out was my BMR (eventually would love to have it tested instead of using online calculators) then I got interested about calories burned with exercise. There are many online calculators that determine this based on weight, height, age and activity.

This is a good site with loads of information and calculators if anyone is interested...
Free Diet Plans and Weight Loss Programs

I can't wait to get back home and start hiking again. I used to hike 90 minutes 2-3 times per week after work and I was in the best shape of my life! Great calorie burner!

I have a weakness for cheese, fresh bread, beef rare & red wine. On Sunday,for the week, I cut and/or divide into small portions: cucumber, celery, 2% sharp cheddar, green and red pepper, almonds and spicy pumpkin seeds. I get the little snack size baggies to put the stuff in. I found a brand of Greek strained yoghurt (FAGE). They have full-fat, fat-free or 2% and I love seasoning it or putting minced onion in it and dipping the veggies into it. If I don't do the above I will seek out salty, fatty foods from the snack area at work.

I eat about 4 or 5 small meals a day. I love a big breakfast, but not recommended with Diabetes. I usually go to bed with my stomach growling, and wake up with it growling as well.
One trick that helps is drinking coffee, it helps to ease the hunger pains. That and lots of water. With the coffee I make it real dark, grind the beans into powder and use enough for 12 cups but only put in 8 cups of water. The darker you brew your coffee the less caffeine it will have in it. Another trick is to brew with only 4 cups of water, then heat another 4 cups till just below boiling and mix together.

Happy Friday! How's everyone doing??

I had a great low cal/low carb week. I also tried a more strenuous yoga dvd that I bought months ago and managed to get all the way through it! I'm so proud of myself!

The sun is shining this morning and after brekkie I'll take the furry mutt for a long walk through her parks.

ohhh rk, I have lost track of this idea. Had quite a week, bought a sailboat and didn't even know I was looking for one! Great on the strenuous yoga dvd, that is neat. Sun is not up yet here:), still getting dh off to work, and then to the barn to see the furry friends....see you later!

Doing ok food-wise, excersise getting better, but I think I am going to have to give up the alcohol altogether awhile. I'm thinking it's a large part of why I'm not getting any further faster. :( oh well.

A sailboat!! Cool!!!!!

Suz, I cut the alcohol out too because it was not making things any easier for me!

Back
Top Bottom