Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to deep water class & aqua chi tonight, felt great. My membership will be put on hold for 6-8 weeks after today, sure will be missing that pool! I will be getting back there as soon as I can after I get healed up.

There will be no walking today. I am not at work because we have a snow day. Blizzard winds have kept me inside too. I will watch what I am eating though, and tomorrow is another day.:)

75 laps around the living room...:LOL:

:LOL: An old friend and colleague, since deceased, used to wear a backpack filled with heavy books, and run up and down his basement stairs for a workout! He also played golf and tennis in the summer.

I have 6 steps...not enough, but....the hospital is 8 flights and the cath lab is on the first floor...

:LOL: An old friend and colleague, since deceased, used to wear a backpack filled with heavy books, and run up and down his basement stairs for a workout! He also played golf and tennis in the summer.

I did go up and down the stairs a lot, but I can do it because my knees are feeling better. I'm thinking that if I wore a heavy back pack that I would have sore knees again. I have enough weight all on my own to carry up and down stairs. I also didn't sit down all day. Even when I was on DC I was standing at the counter! I am sitting now though. ;)

I'm hoping I can convince the PTB that I need a counter height desk, I would much rather stand more throughout the day. Much of my work is sit and type, jump up, run down the hall, come back sit and type, jump up grab the things from the printer, sit and type...I honestly think I would be more efficient if I didn't have to getup and sit down all the time. And i know I would burn more calories. I didn;t start having bad health problems until I took a desk job...

I have a little bit of good medical news. I had my annual doctor visit yesterday and discovered that not only did I lose 15 lbs. but more importantly all my blood sugar levels have returned to the normal / healthy range. It's a start in the right direction.

I'm thinking of picking up some ankle weights to wear while at work. I think you would use more calories just going about your normal routines with those. Any thoughts on that?

I have a little bit of good medical news. I had my annual doctor visit yesterday and discovered that not only did I lose 15 lbs. but more importantly all my blood sugar levels have returned to the normal / healthy range. It's a start in the right direction.

I'm thinking of picking up some ankle weights to wear while at work. I think you would use more calories just going about your normal routines with those. Any thoughts on that?

That is great news, congratulations!

Congratulations on your great news !!!

I've worn ankle weights before .. not sure about calories burned and all that but I do know they made my legs a bit stronger and I found I had more stamina that before using them.

Maybe someone else with more information will come along and chime in.

Again .. congratulations .. your hard work is paying off !!

Back
Top Bottom