Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, my name is Mike and I'm a sugar addict...

Today is day 4 without sweets. I'm trying to break the sugar cravings. Stress is one of my sugar triggers and once I start on sugar, I crave it all the time!

2014 will be the year I finally make it below 200 pounds, I've come so far, but the last couple of years have been ones of battling to not gain weight, and not really losing any more.

I'll never be free of sweets, but if I can stop the cravings I'll be much better off! I never want to quit sweets all together, but get back to the point where I'll only eat good ones, not mindlessly eating whatever is available.

Being hypoglycemic, my body makes it really difficult to give up the sweets. As soon as my body isn't used to getting them all the time my blood sugar levels will be much more stable and low blood sugar issues will become rare.

Today is day 4 without sweets. I'm trying to break the sugar cravings. Stress is one of my sugar triggers and once I start on sugar, I crave it all the time!

2014 will be the year I finally make it below 200 pounds, I've come so far, but the last couple of years have been ones of battling to not gain weight, and not really losing any more.

I'll never be free of sweets, but if I can stop the cravings I'll be much better off! I never want to quit sweets all together, but get back to the point where I'll only eat good ones, not mindlessly eating whatever is available.

Being hypoglycemic, my body makes it really difficult to give up the sweets. As soon as my body isn't used to getting them all the time my blood sugar levels will be much more stable and low blood sugar issues will become rare.

Hello Mike!!

My name is Fiona, I am also a sugar addict...

Good Luck! Just holler when you need support! We want to help you succeed.

Poor Rob, no more treats! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For me the only way to break the cravings is to go on a no carb diet for a few days and then gradually add back a few "good carbs".

I wish you the best of luck and if you come up with any tips that seem to work for you please pass them along!

Well, the house is filled up with junk at this point, my mom loaded us up with lindt truffles and other candy before she left. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was going on a sugar boycott for a few weeks! Rob will be just fine :LOL:

Having blood sugar that plummets at the blink of an eye, low carb and no carb are a no-go for me. I'll tell you the first couple of days was a bit rough, my body was used to getting a bunch of sugar, and my blood sugar was dropping every couple of hours, so I had to have some crackers handy at work to level out, but I really REALLY wanted sugar! Once I'm at the point where I'm only eating sweets on occasion, the low blood sugar issues almost go away. I actually get hungry instead of having to eat because the blood sugar is starting to drop.

Yesterday was a day off, and our plan was to lounge around on a cold and rainy day, I STILL didn't eat any sweets! It's getting easier every day.

I will be back on the wagon come January 6. Though...I will likely be more mindful starting on the first.

To get things started, we organized the kitchen. A much needed chore.

I forgot to bring my diaretic pills when we left for Christmas break, After the pool tonight, I weighed myself at the gym & I gained 8 pounds. that just cannot be right. I'm sure the weight has gone up some, but not to that extreme. Very discouraging seeing the scale go up that high.

I cut refined sugar, "white" and everything wheat from my diet in June 2012. I wore a size 14 then. I now wear a size 6 or 8. I also eat my big meal with the most amount of protein in the morning. Don't have a clue how much I weigh, but my friends tell me that I'm skinny. I feel great.

I forgot to bring my diaretic pills when we left for Christmas break, After the pool tonight, I weighed myself at the gym & I gained 8 pounds. that just cannot be right. I'm sure the weight has gone up some, but not to that extreme. Very discouraging seeing the scale go up that high.

Is that the scale you usually use? Not all scales are calibrated the same, so it could be off.

Is that the scale you usually use? Not all scales are calibrated the same, so it could be off.
I haven't weighed myself since 1989. I don't believe in scales. I turn my back when I get weighed at my doctor's office. I go by how "big" my clothes are. It works for me.

Because I eat my daily portion of protein before noon, cut wheat and white from my diet,, I don't have cravings. Fortunately, I've never been a "carbs" person and I don't miss the sweets, bread, or other things that contain wheat. A friend is staying with me for a few months. She needs to lose some weight. I'm doing the cooking, so she's eating like I eat. We'll see how that works. I've got lots of size 14 and 12 clothes waiting for her.

Cut wheat and refined sugar out of your diet and you'll be amazed at how quickly the weight comes off.

And don't forget that weight can shift a lot from day to day depending on how bloated you are. my weight can fluctuate a good 3 pounds if I've been eating in restaurants for a few days. The combination of eating more than I'm used to and the salt content gets me every time.

My doctor's scale always weighs me heavy, If I could stand on it naked, I would!

I haven't weighed myself since 1989. I don't believe in scales. I turn my back when I get weighed at my doctor's office. I go by how "big" my clothes are. It works for me.

Because I eat my daily portion of protein before noon, cut wheat and white from my diet,, I don't have cravings. Fortunately, I've never been a "carbs" person and I don't miss the sweets, bread, or other things that contain wheat. A friend is staying with me for a few months. She needs to lose some weight. I'm doing the cooking, so she's eating like I eat. We'll see how that works. I've got lots of size 14 and 12 clothes waiting for her.

Cut wheat and refined sugar out of your diet and you'll be amazed at how quickly the weight comes off.

I'm unfortunately a carb lover! I just have to be smart about it and not eat it with every meal. It's easy to get on a cycle where carbs are breakfast, sandwiches and chips or fries for lunch and pasta and other starches for dinner. Don't get me wrong, I would love to get away with eating this way, but I know that I cannot. Then add in the soda and other sugary drinks...

I'm unfortunately a carb lover! I just have to be smart about it and not eat it with every meal. It's easy to get on a cycle where carbs are breakfast, sandwiches and chips or fries for lunch and pasta and other starches for dinner. Don't get me wrong, I would love to get away with eating this way, but I know that I cannot. Then add in the soda and other sugary drinks...
Pick up a copy of the book, The Wheat Belly. I still eat dried fruit, but use lettuce or rice wraps for my sandwiches. And, limit how many times / year I eat poutine! I am a protein addict. Love protein and veggies. Rarely eat pasta or starches.

My DH was eating that way, too. In September, he conducted a professional-development trip for teachers where they stayed overnight at a state park lodge and I helped him plan the meals; breakfast included vanilla Greek yogurt with granola for a topping and he's been eating that ever since. I've also been making soups and stews more. We got him a Thermos and he takes some soup or stew and a piece of fruit for lunch.

I reminded him that combining protein and complex carbs gives a feeling of satisfaction and fullness, so you don't get hungry as soon as if you only have, say, toast with butter and jelly for breakfast. Hope this helps.

I hope it's off, but I try to always weigh myself the same day, the same time on the same scale. I started back on my diaretic medications. Hope that will help some of the excess water weight off. Thanks for the positive thoughts!:):angel:

Back
Top Bottom