World's Best Mandoline...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is a Cuisinart.....it does the job.

If price is an issue, a V-slicer is much cheaper, but will do a similar job.

Uncle Bob,
If price is no issue for you, get a Bron Coucke.
I've used it, it is the best and only mandoline you will ever need. de Buyer also makes a great product, but Bron Coucke is simpler, easier to use and except for the handle, entirely made out of SS.

The du Buyer V slicer Mandoline is top line. Chefs catalog carries it.

Microplane V slicer is simpler and very good but only slices, doesn't do julienne etc.

Oxo makes a reasonable one for about $60. (blade could be sharper imo)

Oxo food mill is great tho.

Uncle Bob,
If price is no issue for you, get a Bron Coucke.
I've used it, it is the best and only mandoline you will ever need. de Buyer also makes a great product, but Bron Coucke is simpler, easier to use and except for the handle, entirely made out of SS.

I like the looks of this one (so far)...but I'm still open to suggestions, comments, etc.

I wish I had a Benriner. Japanese made, and only around $30... every chef I know who has one says it's easier to use than the more expensive Mandolines, and definitely affordable.

I have one that sits on the shelf.... it doesn't have a blade that slices as fine as my Cuisinart 2mm slicing blade... I got so accustomed to using the Cuisinart that I still do, even tho I have the Mandoline now.

I wish I had a Benriner. Japanese made, and only around $30... every chef I know who has one says it's easier to use than the more expensive Mandolines, and definitely affordable.

I have one that sits on the shelf.... it doesn't have a blade that slices as fine as my Cuisinart 2mm slicing blade... I got so accustomed to using the Cuisinart that I still do, even tho I have the Mandoline now.

Even their super-duper model can be on my front porch in the $50ish range!
While the Bron Coucke on my front porch is in the $135ish range! Wow! I've got some thinking to do.....:wacko: HELP!!!!!!:ermm:

Wow, good tip, June - thanks! :)

I'm just about ready for a new one, too!

Lee

I have the Joyce Chen model. It's so so. It does an okay job but I rarely use it. I don't think it could withstand frequent use. Wouldn't particularly recommend it.

My favorite is one made by Oxo. Paid...70 bucks for it I think?

What I like most about it is I don't have to change into 9 different blades. All you have to do is turn a knob. There's one blade you can swap out, but in general? Good stuff.

De buyer

De buyer is the best for me. They made 3 standards.
Mandoline swing, it’s the simple one
Mandoline classic, it’s the best deal for me because you can add a spiral slicer and it’s great for the decoration and also an extra long pusher.
Mandoline V, for professional is perfect for long hour of use. The thickness is precise and easy to adjust. And you can add an accessory: the extra long pusher.

De buyer is the best for me. They made 3 standards.
Mandoline swing, it’s the simple one
Mandoline classic, it’s the best deal for me because you can add a spiral slicer and it’s great for the decoration and also an extra long pusher.
Mandoline V, for professional is perfect for long hour of use. The thickness is precise and easy to adjust. And you can add an accessory: the extra long pusher.

I have the Bron and love it. I have had a plastic base mandolin before and didn't like the "give" it had when cutting some things.

Back
Top Bottom