DID YOU KNOW...
The brain has as many as 100 billion neurons, and they - along with their
thousands of connections to other neurons - are very good at generating
electrical impulses, and it doesn't much matter what time of day it is or
what the person is doing, this electrical activity - powered by food, mostly
sugar - in the blood, amounts to about 20 watts of power, or about the
equivalent of the little light bulb in one's refrigerator.
1. What New Mexico town is named for a radio program/TV game show of the
1940s and 1950s?
a. - Jeopardy
b. - Truth or Consequences
c. - Neither
d. - Both
2. Which U.S. Senator from California has written the novels, "A Time to
Run" (2005) and "Blind Trust" (2009)?
a. - Leland Stanford
b. - Barbara Boxer
c. - Barbara Lee
d. - Alan Cranston
3. Which of these women gave birth to Ishmael?
a. - Ruth
b. - Hannah
c. - Hagar
d. - Sarah
4. What Mexican-Spanish dish means literally 'little strips'?
a. - Papas
b. - Fajitas
c. - Enchiladas
d. - Sopas
5. Which British monarch was the first to visit the United States?
a. - George V
b. - Edward VIII
c. - George VI
d. - Elizabeth II
6. At a MLB park how far is it from home base to first base?
7. Which god is determined to punish Odysseus in Homer's "Odyssey"?
a. - Zeus
b. - Athena
c. - Hades
d. - Poseidon
8. What is the gift to be given on a traditional Twentieth Wedding
a. - Ivory
b. - Crystal
c. - Silver
d. - China
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Queen Elizabeth II holds five records in the Guinness book of World Records
1. - b
2. - b
3. - c
4. - b
5. - c
6. - 90 Feet
7. - d
8. - d
But not by much....
According to the Guinness World Records, Elizabeth II has four individual
** Longest reigning queen; awarded in 2015.
** Oldest current monarch; age 94 in 2020.
** Most currencies featuring the same individual; she appears on the coinage
of at least 35 countries.
** Wealthiest queen; worth an estimated roughly $530 million in 2016.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi