DID YOU KNOW...
The phrase, "there's not enough room to swing a cat" has its origins in a
British naval whip called a cat-o-nine-tails.
1. She is the Greek goddess of revenge. Her name is also a term for an
enemy. Who is she?
2. What do you call a window with glass louvers ?
(Hope you're not envious of my window knowledge ......)
3. Known collectively as "The Tri-mates", and "Leaky's Angels", these three
women lived in Jungles and each studied a different primate, Chimpanzees,
Gorillas and Orangutans..... can you name them ?
(Okay - I'll help with one; Biruté Galdikas, studied Orangutans...)
4. How does 'Haute Cuisine' translate in English ?
5. Which of the following is NOT typically in a California roll?
a. - Lettuce
b. - Crab (or imitation)
c. - Avocado
d. - Nori
6. Ingrid Bergman was born in what city?
a. - Munich
b. - Berlin
c. - Stockholm
d. - Vienna
7. You can remember by using HOMES: Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie and
Superior. HOMES is an example of what literary term ?
8. What sort of critter is / was a Megalodon ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In ancient Egypt, dwarves were ridiculed, reviled, and sometimes even put to
3. Biruté Galdikas, Diane Fossey and Jane Goodall
4. 'High Cooking'
5. - a
A California roll is usually: Rice, Sesame seeds, Masago (half the time),
Nori (seaweed), Avocado and Crab (usually imitation).
6. - c
8. a Shark
Not shunned for their short stature as in other cultures, dwarfs enjoyed
high social standing in ancient Egypt, particularly during the Old Kingdom.
Thought to possess divine gifts, they were jewelers, cup-bearers for the
nobility, tailors, entertainers, government officials, and most especially
zookeepers. The Egyptians had several dwarf gods such as Bes, the protector
of households and births; and Ptah, the god of arts, crafts, and creativity.
Dwarfs were never depicted comically and received lavish funerals.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi