Prosecco Is Not A Brand - It is a D.OC.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve - I suppose it depends where you shop but I can assure you that in bigger stores (the big supermarkets for example) you will find a huge selections of wines from all around the world.

I must make an effort to buy some more English wines and try and English sparkling wine, shamefully, I dont make the effort and stick with the ones I know.

But back to Prosecco, am no connoiseur, but I did discover a rather lovely Martini Prosecco in Costco, and here we have a big store called Marks and Spencers and their own brand of Prosecco is delicious. Really on a par with champagne, and I love champagne.

Buon Giorno Gravy Queen,

Pleased to see that you have joined us here in the Wine Cellar of D.C.

As you know, we have El Corte Inglés, the oldest major hyper-super market in Spain ( the 1930s ). Their wine department is enormous and yes, there are wines from around the globe, however, Californian wines, Washington State, and Oregon varieties are few and far between.

They also carry a high price tag, in comparison to Spanish Gold, Silver and Bronze International Wine Challenge Winners and they are multi varietals, which are not so popular here in Spain. Spaniards are truly veered towards 100% Tempranillo Spanish Reds ...

They do not care for French wines much either, and Bordeaux had suffered terribly from severe climatic conditions, and thus, it is only recently that Bordeaux has had made a come back, and again, French Bordeaux bottlings are multi varietals, not Mono.

Italians are quite similar as they too, prefer their own bottlings and support their local wineries. I had this discussion with many Italians over the years, and they only drink Italian bottlings.

ENGLISH WINES: Pleased that you have brought up this topic ... The last time I had been over to the UK, I had been invited to an English Wine Challenge ...

I had ventured over with a magazine Colleague to write about the Event ... I have a list of the wines I had tasted and the Wineries I had been invited too as well ... There were a couple of very lovely wines coming out of England ...

I shall look for the article and send the names to you.

Thanks for the contribution on Prosecco ... Martini is a fine Prosecco and I agree with you about it and the fact that some of the bottlings being parallel to Champagne and Cava ...

Unfortunately, we do not have Marks & Spencer any longer, however, I can easily order it online.

Have a lovely Sunday.
Ciao.
Margi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom