Torta rustica with green cauliflower and ham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi there
I googled a bit and found out a translation that fits better: not green
cauliflower but "broccolini" ... here is an image :)
broccoletti.png

Hi there
I googled a bit and found out a translation that fits better: not green
cauliflower but "broccolini" ... here is an image :)
broccoletti.png

Broccolini is a form of broccoli with long thin stems and smaller buds. I have seen it in the grocery store. Those pictured must have had the stems cut short.

You know, I would have thought that broccolini was the Italian word for broccolini. It sounds Italian, not English. To add to the confusion, broccolini is also known as rapini.

You know, I would have thought that broccolini was the Italian word for broccolini. It sounds Italian, not English. To add to the confusion, broccolini is also known as rapini.

Rapini, or Broccoli Rabe as it is also called, is not the same thing as broccolini. Rapini is very bitter. Broccolini tastes the same as broccoli but shaped different. I think it is a hybrid or something like that.

Rapini, or Broccoli Rabe as it is also called, is not the same thing as broccolini. Rapini is very bitter. Broccolini tastes the same as broccoli but shaped different. I think it is a hybrid or something like that.

I stand corrected. Should have checked. According to Broccolini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, "...it is a cross between broccoli and kai-lan, Chinese broccoli."

i will be trying this soon, hmm or maybe this evening....i think i have...oh no i don't have flaky pastry..but i will get some next shopping trip...
looks delish!
thank you for sharing the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom