NO Fuss Peanut Butter Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvs2Cook

Head Chef
NO Fuss Peanut Butter Fudge :chef:

1 BOX 1OX SUGAR
4 TBSP COCOA
1/2 LB. BUTTER
1 TSP VANILLA

4 TBSP PEANUT BUTTER
1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS (OPTIONAL)

*** Can use chunky peanut butter****

* Mix sugar and cocoa. Melt butter and add vanilla to it. Combine sugar mixture and butter mixture. Add peanut butter, mix well. Add nuts.
Pour into ungreased 8x8 pan and chill

I have been searching for an easy pb fudge recipe. Thanks for sharing! I made two different pb fudge recipes today and ended up tossing both in the trash. I hate to waste ingredients! This is a great easy recipe and I will make it again.

I have a friend who makes peanut butter fudge, and he tells me there is very fine line between success and failure with this treat. Sounds like he was right.

does the ox refer to the size of the sugar... white sugar or powdered?

I think she must mean powdered... regular white sugar wouldn't disolve and the fudge wouldn't be soft and smooth?

So if I go to the store, they will have a box of powdered sugar I can buy... that will be how big? I mean, for this recipe how much do I use?

Based on what you said, I looked up 10x sugar. Turns out it is different from powdered or confectioners sugar in that it has no corn starch in it and is not as fine as powdered sugar.
So, I am thinking this is something I would have to get at a specialty store.

I AM SOOOOO SORRY I did NOT see this thread sooner, Yes, it is Powdered sugar. I do not know why it is also referred to as 10x.?? The recipe is very simple, hope you enjoy and again, My apologies for not seeing the post.

I am such a dork! I just re-read the bag of powdered sugar I have, and it says right on it "10x powdered sugar"!!:wacko:

I have enough, so I am definitely making this tonight!!

Thanks so much for your help guys!!

I am such a dork! I just re-read the bag of powdered sugar I have, and it says right on it "10x powdered sugar"!!:wacko:

I have enough, so I am definitely making this tonight!!

Thanks so much for your help guys!!

Mav, the "X" on the bag/package means how many times the sugar has been ground. The more Xs, the finer the sugar.

Mav, the "X" on the bag/package means how many times the sugar has been ground. The more Xs, the finer the sugar.

I still feel like a dork, LOL. I looked it up on the Internet which is how I found out what the 'x' meant, I just didn't realize it was what I had in the cupboard all along!:wacko:

Just finished making it, and it is in the fridge now chilling. I started to put it together and it became lumpy so I got out my hand mixer. That whipped it right up! The beaters tasted yummy, LOL!
Thanks again for the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom