Wow! Bummer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miandoria

Assistant Cook
I've been gone awhile (family stuff) from this site and when I come back, there nothing new! What happened to all the bakers??:shock:

I've been gone awhile (family stuff) from this site and when I come back, there nothing new! What happened to all the bakers??:shock:

Well now Miandoria, I'm not a baker by any means but I did tell my favorite Professor, Marianna Klochko, (from Kharkiv) that I would back her up at the Ukrainian table at a nice little International Festival we had at the OSU campus here in Marion May 14 '08. Besides that it gave me a good chance to test my Ukrainian baking on a real genuine Ukrainian.

Made an A with Baba Poltaviska - those tall breads they bake particularly for Easter. I used three pound coffee cans and for left over dough 21 ounce tomato cans.

Also an A (maybe an A+) for Ukrainian honey bread.

Eventhough I wasn't pleased with my Ukrainian crescent nut rolls she couldn't understand why. I would have given myself a C but another A from her. So that's what I did for acouple of days.

Can't hold a candle to Goodweed and CharlieD and all the real cooks and bakers here, but we did give away a bunch of "Tastes of Ukraine" and Marianna was happy to answer plenty of questions about Ukraine and to show off some of the little items from home.

She couldn't understand why I would put so much into it not being Ukrainian at all and have plenty to send home with her to share with her husband. Emailed her that the payoff to me was, "Yes, you've got it, it's just like Ukraine! " said to me with a big smile everytime she sampled something.

So from a non baker to you, any special baked things you are partial to that you might teach me? :)

Back
Top Bottom