Chiles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I were in Jill's shoes, I'd grow a chili garden. :cool:
well we do grow chilis in our backyard garden, but in Pittsburgh that's a limited season. I am very interested in the "Chilli Growing Kit" banshee mentioned. The BF says he has heard of chocalate habaneros but not white ones or the Jolokia.

Where do I buy the growing kit, banshee?

(Added after a google:) This fits your description somewhat. Is that right?

Last edited:
chilli growing kit

Hi
I got my kit on the internet from chilligrowingkit dot( I am not aloud to give out URL's apparantely but I am sure you can guess the ending).

It really is an amazing kit. My are doing well in the bathroom and kitchen.

:chef:

Do you know what is meant by Bih/ Bhut jolokia?

Bih = poison, bhut = ghost and jolokia = chili or more literally 'that create the sense of burning' in Assamese ( my dear H is Assamese and he like pickles of bih jolokia. He like extreme hot and sour tastes.)

If you only touch the skin of a bih jolokia your finger immediately sense the burning sensation.

Yes I do see your post there, however flavor was not mentioned. For instance, habaneros are very hot, but have a very fruity flavor. I was wondering what kind of flavor the bih jolokia has.

chilli taste

Hi

I had a nibble on a Bih Jolokia.

It has a sweet taste but after a few seconds the heat kicks in. It is not like normal chilli heat. It is brutal but strangely addictive.

The best tasting chilli is the chocolate habanero. There is nothing quite like it. A kind of truffles of the chilli world. What ever you cook with it improves dramatically in taste.

The white habanero makes white fire sauce. You have to dry them out then pulverise them. then make a sauce in the same way as you make a white fish sauce.

It is beautiful.

Bih = poison, bhut = ghost and jolokia = chili or more literally 'that create the sense of burning' in Assamese ( my dear H is Assamese and he like pickles of bih jolokia. He like extreme hot and sour tastes.)

what does "Naga" translate to?

also for interest, in Bangladesh, they`re called what sounds like; Kasan Mo Rees.

no idea what it translates to directly though?

Hi

I had a nibble on a Bih Jolokia.

It has a sweet taste but after a few seconds the heat kicks in. It is not like normal chilli heat. It is brutal but strangely addictive.

The best tasting chilli is the chocolate habanero. There is nothing quite like it. A kind of truffles of the chilli world. What ever you cook with it improves dramatically in taste.

The white habanero makes white fire sauce. You have to dry them out then pulverise them. then make a sauce in the same way as you make a white fish sauce.

It is beautiful.

Very well described. You really give a good idea of what to expect. Canyou explain the sauce like "white fish sauce"? I never heard of a white fish sauce. Google search tturns up mostly "whitefish" sauces, not white fish-sauce.

Thanks

chocolate habanero

Hi
I got my Chocolate Habanero seeds with my chilligrowingkit.

The white sauce I refered to is the basic white sauce made with flour etc.
Except that it is choca with powdered white habanero.

If you search for chilligrowingkit you will find one.

The Chocolate Habanero is without a doubt the Queen of taste.:chef:

Yes I do see your post there, however flavor was not mentioned. For instance, habaneros are very hot, but have a very fruity flavor. I was wondering what kind of flavor the bih jolokia has.

I can't bear hot taste that is why I never tasted it, it got a strange wild flavor.

Thanks radhuni. From the sounds of it, very few would probably be able to get past the hotness to actually taste the flavor.

what does "Naga" translate to?

also for interest, in Bangladesh, they`re called what sounds like; Kasan Mo Rees.

no idea what it translates to directly though
?

Naga is a tribe of North Eastern India.

That is not morees but 'morich' means chili in Bengali.

Are you sure that the another word is Kasan ? I am Bengali I never heard the word kasan. May be it is a word of regional dialect.

I have a bunch of dried California chili pods and want to make a fried mushroom recipe that calls for Chipotles. How do the two compare in taste/spiciness?

The addiction is literally true ;) Eating hot peppers causes pain, which causes the brain to release endorphins, the pleasure hormones. The more you eat, the more you need to get the same effect. I'm on my way - I'm putting Texas Pete on my leftover spaghetti now :cool:

That would explain what happened to my exchange student.

They wouldn't compare at all in terms of taste, as chipotles are smoked jalapenos.

California chiles (aka Anaheims) are quite mild, certainly milder than chipotles.

Back
Top Bottom