Dinner 10-24-2015 ~ 'Sup for Saturday Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We'll be finishing up the leftovers from each of the chicken dinners from earlier this week. Hopefully. I'll roast redskin potatoes, carrots, and red beets. Might sneak in a pan of box-mix muffins near the end, too.

Your plans?

Good question. We've been eating on the beer cheese broccoli soup, so probably not that, as it was lunch.

Hmm. I may dig the ribeye out of the freezer and try to not set the kitchen on fire this time.

Dinner is easy saturday night. Oven beef stew, which I am reheating in the oven, not the nuker. I didn't want to make a lot, but it looks like it could go on for a couple more meals. The freezer is kinda full, so I dunno...I suppose I could try to reduce the ice cream inventory to make more room?

What we call mess. Ground beef with canned chili no beans, tamales, cream style corn and Velveeta. Store brand doritoes to dip with.

Extra thick pork chops stuffed with spinach and feta sautéed with shallots and garlic. Broccoli will be our veggie.

Dining alone tonight - Kay is at her home cleaning and TB is at his brother's. I will either have a chicken Ceaser salad or pasta with butter and parmesan and a small chicken breast with raw veggies.

I didn't get around to grilling the chicken thighs yesterday, so they went on the grill this afternoon. Homemade potato salad from yesterday. The green beans, shallots and bacon bits were all pulled from the freezer, and a small slice of part of a hoagie roll was buttered and thrown on the grill at the last minute. :yum: It all worked though, I'm stuffed.

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 188
Oooh, yummy, Cheryl!

Change of plans, ribeye will be tomorrow. Too many leftovers to take care of.

Last edited:
We had dinner at my Best Friend Snow White's house. { ,m .//;. (Rufus) }

Her husband, Prince Charming, fixed homemade egg rolls, sweet and sour sauce, rice and chocolate cake. Dinner was delightful!

Good looking plate, Cheryl!

Snow White, PF? And Prince Charming? So cute.

The muffins will have to wait for another day - probably baked solo in the toaster oven. I ended up roasting a total of four different veggies: beets with fresh thyme; redskin potatoes with Greek seasoning; carrots, apples, and red onion with garlic and herbs de Provence; and Brussels sprouts. It was a real League of Nations supper!

Attachments

• 2015-10-24 22.58.07.jpg
    2015-10-24 22.58.07.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Neither one of us felt like cooking or going out as we both were busy yesterday, so simple and old-style dinner tonight. "Mexican" rice that I originally got the recipe off of a box of Minute Rice about 30-35 years ago back in the day when I still used that. Ground beef, chopped onion, frozen mixed veges, 1 can of chopped tomatoes w/liquid, chili powder, rice obviously, S&P, and half/half of beef broth and water. Added some Worcestershire, fresh chopped garlic and cumin this time. Had some sliced Fla avocado on the side that a neighbor was nice to give us 3 of, with some lime juice and S&P. Not a pretty meal, but filling, fairly nutritious and pretty decent tasting. I used to make this a lot when I was in my early 20s before DH, quick and easy, cheap, and lots of leftovers to eat later in the week.

Nice plate CG. I LOVE roasted beets, DH not so much so I don't get them often. I'll have to try with thyme next time I'm able to have them.

Last edited:
Snow White, PF? And Prince Charming? So cute.

The muffins will have to wait for another day - probably baked solo in the toaster oven. I ended up roasting a total of four different veggies: beets with fresh thyme; redskin potatoes with Greek seasoning; carrots, apples, and red onion with garlic and herbs de Provence; and Brussels sprouts. It was a real League of Nations supper!

Nice looking dinner CG! I too love the look of the beets. Only beets around here are sugar beets, there is a sugar refinery in Torrington...the smell...Ugh!!!:ermm:

Snow White and I have been best friends since 2nd grade, I am the Fairy Godmother to her sons. The eldest is getting married in May.

Looks good, CG! I just added beets to my shopping list - it's been a while since I've had them. Love them roasted! :yum:

I had a roasted red pepper so improvised a sauce to go with fine egg noodles (vermicelli). My variation of a harissa recipe.

I blitzed it up with a whole red chilli (including seeds - maybe a mistake!), spring onions, fresh baby plum tomatoes and sun dried tomato paste. It was very fiery but I thought it would be less so once mixed into the cooked noodles along with strips of finely sliced chorizo and chopped flat parsley.

The heat of the chilli was just about bearable! Otherwise quite a good sauce (I poured it over the cooked pasta from its container i.e. the blender so that the sauce absorbed into the pasta as it cooled).

Back
Top Bottom