Dinner 9th of May 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing's certain, we're having rouladen as our entree and since Glenn's son brought us a bag of tiny fresh asparagus last night, we'll have that, too. I might make some spaetzle. Might not. It all depends on how my hands feel. I plan to make an apple pie later today, so that will be dessert.

I just went shopping at the Armenian groceries and brought home a dozen lamejun. So it will be that and some soup for dinner tonight.

So good to see Snip starting the menu threads again! :clap:

All I know is that it will involve fish/seafood. And that I need to serve it in 2 hours plus figure out sandwiches for DH to take for his dinner break at work.

Scampi and rice is sounding good. I wanted asparagus yesterday but it didn't look very good so we will probably have spinach steamed with lemon and butter (well not real butter, I will use ghee in the scampi and vegan spread in the spinach ;)).

Thanks, Andy. Those look and sound great!

It was great making them with my daughter, and they tasted good. However, this is an item that is as good as home made when you buy it from an Armenian market. I buy a dozen and wrap them in pairs and freeze them for meals.

Coconut shrimp with wedges of lime, white rice, grilled asparagus. Grilled mangos and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I have some shrimp I will be steaming with Old Bay. Going to have a green salad and some corn on the cob with it.

I went to the Danish Club Luncheon today, so I'm fairly full. I will probably have a half a rib steak and some tomato and cucumber.

Beer battered cod, potatoes sliced and baked with cream,cheese sauteed onions, Brussels sprouts, sliced heirlooms I nabbed at the store when DH looked the other way:LOL:Avocado and water cress, rolls,pb cookies that I'm making ice cream sandwichs out of.
kades

Well I was in meetings all day so I wasn't cooking... so we got Chinese Take-out.

Rose's party chicken, pasta for the sauce, the salad will be romaine, grape tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, maybe some avocado, snap peas and maybe a handful of toasted nuts. Think I'll do a balsamic on that. We've got a big platter of veggies and dip for the appy and I just inhaled some garlic hummus with sesame chips. OMG, sooooo gooooood!!!

Back
Top Bottom