Dinner for Tuesday the 23rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have a couple of thick pork chops and some spinach feta stuffing defrosting. I'll stuff the chops and pan roast them for dinner tonight. I'm planning some rice pilaf (also from the freezer) and a tossed salad (not from the freezer) for the complete meal.

I'll be making a bowl of tuna salad and a big bowl of garden salad. Between that and all of the leftovers in the fridge, we'll have a "Choose Your Own Supper" kind of night. Sort of like a foodie version of the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books that were so popular when my kids were pre-teen (early 1990s). The upside of dinner is that no one will die or morph into an alien creature. :ermm: I hope...

We have leftover tuna salad, along with hummus that I toned down with additional garbanzos and tahini minus the garlic. The first batch of hummus about blew the top of my head off, it was so garlicky. It's still pretty garlicky, but much tamer.

Today is our 31st anniversary! Love my DH soooooo much! :heart:

I bought a couple of frozen lobster tails and a beautiful ribeye steak. I'll poach the lobster in water with lemon juice and peel, garlic and parsley, then make a chunky lobster salad. DH will grill the ribeye and I'm also going to make these grilled potatoes, minus tarragon, plus thyme: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...-grilled-potatoes-with-fine-herbs-recipe.html

We're going to go out for a cocktail and dessert.

Congratulations, GG and your Hubby!

My sciatica has reared it's ugly head again so I am down for the count. TB is picking up a rotisserie chicken and salads - a nice summery meal!

Today is our 31st anniversary! Love my DH soooooo much! :heart:

I bought a couple of frozen lobster tails and a beautiful ribeye steak. I'll poach the lobster in water with lemon juice and peel, garlic and parsley, then make a chunky lobster salad. DH will grill the ribeye and I'm also going to make these grilled potatoes, minus tarragon, plus thyme: Mustard Aioli Grilled Potatoes with Fine Herbs Recipe : Bobby Flay : Food Network

We're going to go out for a cocktail and dessert.
Congratulations to you and your sweetie. That meal sounds wonderful.

We have leftover tuna salad, along with hummus that I toned down with additional garbanzos and tahini minus the garlic. The first batch of hummus about blew the top of my head off, it was so garlicky. It's still pretty garlicky, but much tamer.
Ah, so you made the garlic hummus of doom. :ohmy: :LOL:

Baked potato, sautéed scallions with a rib eye steak. The scallion and steak were cooked in garlic olive oil. We poured the oil over the baked potato. No need for butter for it. :angel:

Happy anniversary to you and hubby, GG. :flowers:

Not really sure yet, but I've got a zucchini left from the farmers market that's as big as my forearm and would really like to use at least part of it this afternoon. I figured I'd look through the fridge and see what's there - I'm thinking maybe a nice cool orzo salad with whatever other veggies I can find. Menu subject to change. :ermm: :)

Ah, so you made the garlic hummus of doom. :ohmy: :LOL:

Yes indeed. Now I know why I don't follow recipes. I loosely followed Ina Garten's hummus recipe, she's usually pretty spot-on, but four cloves of garlic seemed a bit much. And it was. Thankfully I didn't have to go out in public! I wouldn't have needed the weed killer...

We had grilled cheese sandwiches (Jarlsberg, salsa, sliced onion on whole grain bread) and shared the last, lonely Carlsberg.

Attachments

• IMG_20150623_190834.jpg
    IMG_20150623_190834.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom