Dinner Friday, 12/19/14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am planning on cooking off my Christmas ham today and bundling it up for future meals. Christmas day will be a turkey dinner late in the day at my sisters' and I don't want to be cooking the ham that day. So dinner plans are ham, baked potatoes, guacamole and refried beans.

What are yours?

I'm making a hash brown potato skillet dinner with kielbala and a little bacon, mushrooms, onions, cheese and peas because we have to have our veggies . Something light for the end of the week.

I have two leeks to use up, so I'm making potato-leek soup. Also have the two potatoes I baked with intentions of using them to mash, then didn't. I'll add those when I blend the soup at the end. Thinking of cooking up a few strips of bacon to sprinkle on top, along with some fresh parsley.

Also have spinach to use up, so I'll make salad with that.

So nice when our summer garden "provides" during the colder months.

Tonight we had eggplant Parmesan that I made and froze this summer. The eggplant, herbs and tomatoes/sauce were all products of our garden. It froze beautifully and tasted sooooo good. We had leftover black-eye peas for the veggie. Iced tea to drink and double-layer pumpkin pie for dessert.

Sure smells good in here.

I'm doing broccoli soup with chicken broth, bacon, onion, garlic, potato, canned milk and cheese. I took out the browned bacon and set it aside, and I'll take the stick blender to the pot before I add the Velveeta cheese and reserved bacon. Garlic toast on the side.

Last edited:
Flank steak with asparagus, field greens, and cauliflower puree...

img_1403057_0_7ed12234aa1865d099d49e9ed018dc94.jpg

Last edited:
I made coconut shrimp from the Outback's copycat recipe that Kay posted. I've never been to Outback, but love coconut shrimp, so I went for it.

It turned out very good. Kind of messy to make, but I'll make it again. :yum:
Had it with the marmalade, stone ground mustard and horseradish dipping sauce, and IMO that really put it over the top. Oh my goodness, it was so good. :ohmy:

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom