"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-24-2007, 07:09 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Dinner Friday, 24th

Today is friday in India and I have had my dinner.

I had plain rice with Chicken Kassa and salad.

radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Toasted cheese Panini, with plenty bacon and salad to fill it with.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Still stormy here - we'll be having chili dogs, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes, and chips.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
Head Chef

It's early here but I thought I would look for ideas. I like the cheese panini with bacon idea. Maybe pick up some corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Executive Chef

I'll be making an odd assortment of foods today. I thought I would be canning tomatoes, but if I wait one more day, I will finally have some San Marzanos to add to the pizza sauce I will be canning. I already have canned two batches of sauce and have 2 partially filled pint jars of it in the frig, so one item for dinner tonight will be pizza. Will put together a potato salad with smoked bacon, so for lunch I will have a sandwich of bacon, tomatoes and mayo. Will also be baking a loaf of whole wheat bread, and making a quart of pesto. Seems like there is something else on the list..........

probably will also have corn on the cob for dinner. Last nights corn looked gummy, but it was not. So me thinks the corn season is drawing to a close
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Tonight will be a chicken stir fry with brown rice. Since it is so stormy here and we can't go out - maybe the kids and I will make a special dessert too!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #7
Executive Chef

My basil is taking over the herb garden, so I'll make pesto also. A salad of mixed greens and grape tomatoes from the garden, with a loaf of really good Italian bread.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #8
Executive Chef

being sick and not being able to taste really, I'm not much in the mood for cooking and spending all day in the kitchen, much as I usually adore that the most.

I think it'll have to be grilled zukes/onions/carrots/shrooms on the GF with lots of olive oil and herbs from the yard. the tomatoes are a-plenty too, so salad with mozzarella slices and fresh basil and I'll GF a chix breast for dh. he's not into the meatless meals like I am.

I feel like butter and huckleberry jam bread pudding because it sounds comforting and it's a dessert that the man loves too. so thankful for friends that send me their huckleberry jam, gad that stuff's good
Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Breakfast was forgotten this morning. Too many kittens to take care of. Lunch will be jambalaya with Andoullie sausage and shrimps, and corn bread, washed down with either San Pellegrino or Coca Cola Zero. The last chocolate lava cake will be dessert. Next week I start on the espresso lava cakes!

Supper will most likely be a salad. Smart & Final had the Ready-Pac iceberg lettuce/carrots/purple cabbage mix on sale; 2 pound bag for $1.99! Need to finish it up quickly, though.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 PM   #10
Everymom

Stir fry sounds good to me. Think I might follow Michelemarie's lead on that one. I have to bake today too and do back to school shopping so something quick like stir fry sounds like JUST the thing.

Y'know, if it were just me for dinner I suspect I'd be having a bowl of soup. Funny how if you have to cook for a family you hardly ever cater to your own whims.