Dinner, Friday, January 26, 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We had country ribs with gravy that was leftover with mashed potatoes. It isn't pretty but it is delicious.

We also had blackberries with dumplings over homemade vanilla ice cream.

What did y'all have?

20240126_203832.jpg

I finally cooked some mussels. Actually, I cooked them yesterday, but put them in a creamy pasta sauce today and served them on spelt spaghetti with a salad. That worked really well. I cut up the mussels so DH didn't have to see whole mussels. He enjoyed it, but still found the texture a bit too squishy. I guess I'll have to cut them up a bit more next time.

After supper, we made and ate banana nut muffins. No pix of the muffins.

Mussels in cream sauce with spelt spaghetti.jpg
Mussels in cream sauce with pasta and a salad.jpg

Last edited:
Inspired by Aunt Bea's so easy throw together minestrone the other day. Put some along with Barley in the slow cooker. Mostly used up some celery and a couple of carrots. Threw in a Jalapeno but should have waited and thrown the pepper in with the little pasta shells as I cooked out the kicked - my bad, just didn't think about it.
But all in all was very tasty! There was something off in the taste and then I added a shot of Worcestershire Sauce and it was perfect!

Minestrone type of soups are not really my favourite but there was enough barley and pasta to "stew" it up for me. :)

Have a small leftover amount for lunch.

Chipotle (chicken bowl with brown cilantro-lime rice, pinto beans, fresh tomato salsa, sour cream, cheese, and romaine) again. I love that place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom