Dinner Friday, 3-4-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm waffling between scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese (have lots of mushrooms, need to send some to a happy place), and tuna melts with some potato soup on the side. I've been busy all day long so I'm thinking the eggs will be an easier supper. Himself is indifferent - he's happy no matter what he eats. Gotta love him. :heart:

Waffles=mmm. :yum: Might be good with eggs. Hmmm...

What's going down at your place?

I think DH is hinting that he's had enough soup and stew for a while. He brought home a thick steak and four scallops today, along with a chocolate egg for me ;)

So I'm making pan-seared steak with red wine sauce, seared scallops, and I'm trying something new - lemon risotto with green beans in the Instant Pot. Can't wait to see how that goes.

Just me again tonight. Scrambled eggs with cheese and scallions sounds good.

I let some green beans and white beans duke it out with some cucumber and onion. Then I added a can of tuna. Tossed together with a lemony vinaigrette.

I made some Gorton's fish fillets (lemon, pepper) with some nice butter/onion pierogies from the hot foods dept. at the local grocery store and a side of roasted veggies. I had cooked the veggies in the oven with some EVOO and salt and pepper.

DH and I are traveling right now (finally stopped where they have decent wifi) and we're are a bit under the weather. So I found a grocery store and bought some pre-made soup, a salad and I have some Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers that my SIL gave us to go along with.

We went to a mini-family gathering in VEGAS BABY!! and had a blast, but upon our departure this morning, we ALL woke up to hopefully just a cold and NOT the flu!
Just to cover our bases, I also bought some Theraflu, so...
Good Night!

Hope you and DH feel better soon, K-Girl. Boo, Flu! Stay away.

The waffles weren't as crisp as the memory I have of them from 30 years ago. I haven't used my waffle iron for years, but I'm going to guess it doesn't heat anywhere near as hot as a quality one would. Mine was free-with-points from a grocery store promo ages ago; as in, back in OH years ago. They still tasted good, as did our omelet, oven style.

Attachments

• 2016-03-04 20.54.25.jpg
    2016-03-04 20.54.25.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom