Dinner, Friday Aug. 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Not too sure about any sides yet. A salad would be nice. I have to eventually get some burger and hot dog buns so what ever I don't have for salad items, I could always pick up.

No idea so far. Came on line for some ideas. :)

Hmmmmm, so far this crowd is cooking with ground beef.

Scrapped my original menu because it used the oven. Instead I have a batch of macaroni and cheese in the crock-pot. We'll have a salad with it. Our appetites have certainly been reduced because of the hot weather. I'm not particularly hungry, but know I have to eat.

hot dog,hamburgers, macaroni salad,fruit platter and some coconut ice cream for dessert.. Had all four kids today and just spent my time swimming with them and playing in the yard.. We had a blast!
kadesma:LOL:

I feel for those of you with those high temps in the three digit range, and the humidity. So far our temps are a nice 75 degrees, and night temps around 50, but we had our share of horrible humid and hot weather so I do understand how you all feel and sympathize with you!

Dinner for us was simple, had a busy day, so I made wraps filled with chicken, and topped with cheddar, salsa, fresh baby spinach, and fresh garden tomatoes.

Once I log off (geez it's hard) I'll be preparing DH's favourite, tweeked to make it somewhat healthier...
Whole wheat spaghetti, tomato sauce (ok, just tinned tomatoes that have been bubbling away for a bit), lemon-garlic sauteed shrimp, wine steamed mussels, chopped fresh herbs (parsley, basil) ...

G

grilled hot sausage on fresh italian bread with fresh slaw fresh cut fries and local grown tomatoes. hadnt eaten all day...now im stuffed.

Tonight I made a great (& quick) pasta sauce (canned imported plum tomatoes, anchovies, Italian seasoning, basil, onions, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes), to which I added a pound of gorgeous baby squid. Served over Barilla linguini pasta.

tonight was take out italian. salads, calamari marinara, chicken parm, ravioli, and spaghetti.

Back
Top Bottom