"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
Certified Cake Maniac

Dinner Friday the 11th

Am I really the first person posting this today? Guess I am just excited about tonight's dinner. It is easy, one of my favourites and I only have to cook for two! DH eats at work and one border goes home for the weekend.

I am doing potato and cheese perogies with garlic sausage for border, (I am going to happily go meatless tonight), onion sweat in tons of butter, sour cream (for me) and a nice salad with winter greens, dried cranberries and seeds.

I still have one piece of pound cake I have hidden away just for myself. I am not usually a dessert person but that is soooooo good!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Assistant Cook

I've never had perogies, but that sounds delicious!

I'm doing a sort of build your own taco salad. All I have to do is cook up the ground beef with taco seasoning, heat up refried beans, and put out tortilla chips and some toppings--I love an easy meal.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
We are going to order out, I am hungry for fish n chips, fries and coleslaw.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
?? I'm not working again today. Thankfully I have a great boss who let me change my hours around until the car is working again.

Anyway... I have a freezer full of meat I just have to decide what to make.
I'm thinking venison of some sort.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, carrots, broc and cauli, Roast potatoes and a ton of gravy.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Head Chef

Probably Thai Take-Out. Would love to round-up some of the girls & go to Happy Hour. (Haven't done that in ages.) Some of the old haunts served some pretty good food/appys - anything & everything from oysters served on a silver platter to Fajitas. Don't feel like cooking tonight. Have a great weekend.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Laurie, Your perogies sound wonderful!

We're going out for Mexican tonight. I'll have chicken in pipian sauce (spicy red sauce made with pumpkin seeds), and DH will have puerco asada (chunks of pork, seared crisp and served with lime wedges), and a couple of Coronas.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
Senior Cook

think I'm gonna make salmon patties, roles and I have no idea what else I'm going to have with it. I do have a head of cauliflower I need to cook, but it sounds kinda weird with the salmon to me.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #9
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage™ View Post
think I'm gonna make salmon patties, roles and I have no idea what else I'm going to have with it. I do have a head of cauliflower I need to cook, but it sounds kinda weird with the salmon to me.
Salmon and cauliflower could work if you made a hollandaise sauce for both. It works with broccoli or asparagus but I am sure it would be fine with cauliflower too!

I have a quick and easy one (not the way they taught me in school ) that I can post if you want.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Am I really the first person posting this today? Guess I am just excited about tonight's dinner. It is easy, one of my favourites and I only have to cook for two! DH eats at work and one border goes home for the weekend.

I am doing potato and cheese perogies with garlic sausage for border, (I am going to happily go meatless tonight), onion sweat in tons of butter, sour cream (for me) and a nice salad with winter greens, dried cranberries and seeds.

I still have one piece of pound cake I have hidden away just for myself. I am not usually a dessert person but that is soooooo good!
your dinner sounds wonderful. any chance you'll ever open up your home so we can learn how to do the perogies and the gnocchi? just thinkin...
so you liked your EP pound cake then, I know it's scary good 'eh'.....
dinner for me will be in the city of brotherly love. don't know what it'll be yet, but do know it'll be dang good....................
Happy TGIF