Dinner Friday the 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Am I really the first person posting this today? Guess I am just excited about tonight's dinner. It is easy, one of my favourites and I only have to cook for two! DH eats at work and one border goes home for the weekend.

I am doing potato and cheese perogies with garlic sausage for border, (I am going to happily go meatless tonight), onion sweat in tons of butter, sour cream (for me) and a nice salad with winter greens, dried cranberries and seeds.

I still have one piece of pound cake I have hidden away just for myself. I am not usually a dessert person but that is soooooo good!:LOL:

I've never had perogies, but that sounds delicious!

I'm doing a sort of build your own taco salad. All I have to do is cook up the ground beef with taco seasoning, heat up refried beans, and put out tortilla chips and some toppings--I love an easy meal. :)

?? I'm not working again today. Thankfully I have a great boss who let me change my hours around until the car is working again.

Anyway... I have a freezer full of meat I just have to decide what to make.
I'm thinking venison of some sort.

Roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, carrots, broc and cauli, Roast potatoes and a ton of gravy.

Probably Thai Take-Out. Would love to round-up some of the girls & go to Happy Hour. (Haven't done that in ages.) Some of the old haunts served some pretty good food/appys - anything & everything from oysters served on a silver platter to Fajitas. Don't feel like cooking tonight. Have a great weekend.

Laurie, Your perogies sound wonderful!

We're going out for Mexican tonight. I'll have chicken in pipian sauce (spicy red sauce made with pumpkin seeds), and DH will have puerco asada (chunks of pork, seared crisp and served with lime wedges), and a couple of Coronas.

think I'm gonna make salmon patties, roles and I have no idea what else I'm going to have with it. I do have a head of cauliflower I need to cook, but it sounds kinda weird with the salmon to me.

think I'm gonna make salmon patties, roles and I have no idea what else I'm going to have with it. I do have a head of cauliflower I need to cook, but it sounds kinda weird with the salmon to me.

Salmon and cauliflower could work if you made a hollandaise sauce for both. It works with broccoli or asparagus but I am sure it would be fine with cauliflower too!

I have a quick and easy one (not the way they taught me in school ;)) that I can post if you want.

Am I really the first person posting this today? Guess I am just excited about tonight's dinner. It is easy, one of my favourites and I only have to cook for two! DH eats at work and one border goes home for the weekend.

I am doing potato and cheese perogies with garlic sausage for border, (I am going to happily go meatless tonight), onion sweat in tons of butter, sour cream (for me) and a nice salad with winter greens, dried cranberries and seeds.

I still have one piece of pound cake I have hidden away just for myself. I am not usually a dessert person but that is soooooo good!:LOL:
your dinner sounds wonderful. any chance you'll ever open up your home so we can learn how to do the perogies and the gnocchi? just thinkin...:question::ROFLMAO:
so you liked your EP pound cake then, I know it's scary good 'eh'.....;)
dinner for me will be in the city of brotherly love. don't know what it'll be yet, but do know it'll be dang good....................
Happy TGIF

SINCE ITS 70 DEGREES HERE ..TODAY
we are going to have ribeyes on the grill with baked potatoes,salad,rolls and for dessert
Amish friendship bread (tastes like cake to us)with vanilla ice cream.
enjoy yall's supper !!

PEACE

Pizza for us tonight. Hubby is having his with jalapeno, pepperoni, and mushrooms, and mine will be topped with tomatoes, spinach, and eggplant.

My husband is out fishing with some guests. They won't get back to the Island until 5:30-6:00 so we'll be going out. We will take some of the fresh snapper fillets to one of the local restaurants. I am hoping Fredy's where he'll cook it with jalepeno, cilantro & butter on a bed of sauteed onions with a side of some veggies & rice.

going to do some steaks .. n.y. strips ...
thinking some baked taters and salad .. who knows ..
maybe i will open a cook book and get inspired ...

I made pork chops with onion sauce and little red potatoes boiled in salt water. It had to be a stove top meal since the oven is still broken. I'm getting a new range sometime next week but we have to do some cabinet work first to get it to fit.

Back
Top Bottom