Dinner Monday 19th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to grill a ribeye and small spud. I have some shrimp I'd like to use up, so I think I'll wrap them in bacon and throw them on the grill, too. I'd rather wrap some asparagus in bacon, but I don't have any asparagus on hand :(

Just skimmed the fat from the beef shank vegetable barley soup I made yesterday, we'll be having that. The soup, that is, not the fat.

I'm going to grill a ribeye and small spud. I have some shrimp I'd like to use up, so I think I'll wrap them in bacon and throw them on the grill, too. I'd rather wrap some asparagus in bacon, but I don't have any asparagus on hand :(

I think bacon is Sooo amazing ;)
Ever wrap asparagus in prosciutto? Simmer or Bake in some butter. Amazing too.

Last edited:
Costco chicken tacos. (I don't see how they can sell a bird this large for $4.99.) Rip the chicken apart and discard the skin and bones. I use the dark, fatty meat for tacos and then I save the white breasty meat for other uses such as enchiladas or crepes.

I heated my flour tortillas over an open flame, then served the tacos with chicken, chopped red onion, chopped tomatoes, sliced lettuce, shredded lettuce, home made corn oil mayonnaise mixed with Sriracha sauce for my taco sauce, better than any store brand. Squeeze of lime over that.

"Supermarket chicken tacos" is one of my favorite recipes. Here in SoCal tacos are just Mexican sandwiches. Anybody can make a sandwich so anybody can make a taco.

Last edited:
We had real comfort food tonight with two big thick loin pork chops, pan seared and then smothered in a mushroom/onion/Madeira gravy, served over mashed taters along with green salad.

I think bacon is Sooo amazing ;)
Ever wrap asparagus in prosciutto? Simmer or Bake in some butter. Amazing too.

I never had prosciutto. I've never seen it either. I may have to make my own like I do pastrami. Pastrami isn't in the meat counter around here either :(

pacanis said:

Yum! Wish I were closer, I would run to the store for some asparagus on the way over! We could make that tonight to go with the leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom