Dinner Monday 7th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are trying something different, we are having a Fish Finger bake :)

Which just consists of fish fingers on the bottom layer, then a tin of peeled tomatoes on top of that and some grated cheese on top of the tomatoes, you then bake it :)

Yes they are Tom :)

I am thinking they will not be crisp after all the tomatoes are poured on top but I am sure it will still taste good :)

I am going to put some seasoned breadcrumbs on top of the cheese too, to give it a crunchy texture :)

I've made fish finger bake. I made the fish fingers under the grill to get them crisp then top with tomato and cheese and grilled it quickly. The fish fingers were still a bit crispy but went mushy later. I would say make it just before you eat.

Not sure what we're having yet. Maybe steaks or pasta. I'm not hungry so I can't think food yet lol!

kylie, that sounds sort of like a chicken parm, but rather fish parm.

i'd put the tomatoes down in a baking pan first, then do as gq suggested and crisp the fish before putting on top/ snuggling into the tomatoes finally covering with cheese.
just a thought. :chef:

i just got home from work, have 4 hours to sleep, then an early doctor appointment. hopefully my last for a little while.

dinner tonight will be pork sirloin blade chops pizzaola with a side of pasta.

i'd put the tomatoes down in a baking pan first, then do as gq suggested and crisp the fish before putting on top/ snuggling into the tomatoes finally covering with cheese.

i just got home from work, have 4 hours to sleep, then an early doctor appointment. hopefully my last for a little while.

dinner tonight will be pork sirloin blade chops pizzaola with a side of pasta.

Hey, I'm Snip not GQ :glare: :LOL:

Cleaning out the fridge. Shrimp and crab salad w/ avocado & diced tomatoes on split & toasted bolillo rolls. Limon chips on the side.

That is a good idea Tom...as we would prefer the fish to be crisp :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom