Dinner Monday July 16th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Whats everyone having tonight?

I have some chicken breasts marinating in some kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, lemon pepper, evoo, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce.

I also cut up into bite size pieces a red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, cucumbers that I deseeded and fresh tomatoes that I deseeded. I then went out and picked some fresh basil and parsley and chopped that up and added it to the veggies along with some minced garlic, evoo and red wine vinegar. Its marinating in the fridge also. I only wished I had some crusty bread that I could cut up in bite size pieces to add to it but I don't feel like heading to the store.

I'm not sure what starch I'll make yet but I'm leaning towards making an orzo dish.

The boy just spent an hour making a Turkey Meatloaf, which is almost done cooking. It's the same recipe I made for the past few years that was always a favorite. Since I don't eat meat anymore, I just help with all the prep work!

I had spicy blackbean stuffed portabello's with steamed asparagus. First time I've had blackbeans since living in England, I missed them!

tonight we are having family dinner so I have been cooking away all day.

stuffed peppers
mac salad
baked beans
brauts and onions

lots of snacks

ice cream cones

I'm making pasta fragioli.

For those of you that are not familiar. It's onions and a stick of cut up pepperoni cooked in a pan for about 20 minutes to a half hour. Than crushed whole tomatoes and cannelli beans are mixed in and that's cooked for about a half hour. Than water and salt and pepper is added and brought to a boil. Than petite pasta shells are added and it's done with the pasta is cooked.

I didn't get home in time to have the smoked turkey and I didn't want to cook it any other way so it will have to keep until tomorrow - it is, however, in the smoker as we speak!

We went out for Mongolian - I will have to add my own sauces next time to my bowl - it was just too many sauces in there and my husband's was the best! He made his own - it was very "clean" tasting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom