Dinner on July 2, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
In what must be a small miracle, everyone is actually home for dinner in our family tonight! The planets must be aligned.

I'm thinking I will try to get Ken's birthday cake (first post) made today, and I'm thinking I might just try my hand at beer butt chicken. Never done one (no one drinks beer here) but I have one left over from the party on the weekend so it seems apropos.

That's entree and dessert covered. If there are nice avocados at the produce market we'll have tomato avocado salad, if not...um...coleslaw maybe? I'll probably toss a couple of potatoes on the BBQ while the chicken is cooking and call that dinner.

What's up for everyone else tonight?

An experiment. Combining a few recipes to make...

Bloody Mary Chicken Wings, w/ bleu cheese dressing & celery sticks
Big fat fluffy baked potato to go with

I pulled some chicken thighs out of the freezer last night and was not sure what to do, but DH is home from work as we are both still fluish (I am much better, but he is not).

So, it will be a nice pot of chicken soup! All cooked an yummy, I will split it into two pots, putting rice pasta in one and regular in the other. Then we can just help ourselves when we want it.:)

Mixed seafood fettuccine

scallops,prawns & mussels with fettuccine in a white white/garlic/saffron/chilli & olive oil sauce dressed with basil & washed down with ice cold muscadet.it was nice......

Attachments

• SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 001.jpg
    SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 001.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 225
  • SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 002.jpg
    SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 002.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 213
  • SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 003.jpg
    SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 003.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 167
  • SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 004.jpg
    SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 004.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 155
  • SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 005.jpg
    SEAFOOD FETTUCINE 02 JULY 2012 005.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 169
  • SEAFOOD FETTUCINE FINALE 001.jpg
    SEAFOOD FETTUCINE FINALE 001.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 248
Harry Cobean said:
scallops,prawns & mussels with fettuccine in a white white/garlic/saffron/chilli & olive oil sauce dressed with basil & washed down with ice cold muscadet.it was nice......

Looks wonderful!

pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce, potato salad, and an undecided vegetable, probably some kind of greens.

Leftover (actually frozen from a month ago) "special" mac and cheese. Special because of the cheeses used, they were freezer, cheese bag pot luck. Oh and a salad.

Going to have the chicken from last night that got put back in the fridge after cooking in the crockpot. Rice and green beans. All stove top, plugged-in or microwaved so no oven to heat up the kitchen.

There is quite an assortment of mixed veggies left from yesterday, so it will be either veggies sticks and dip or sliced and diced in a salad or both.

And a little potato salad. Ice cream and berries later. This is easy and it's a good thing, as I think my brain is taking a time out on this hot day.

I thought about it. Stirling doesn't like green beans or tomato, so that wouldn't have left him much to eat. He suggested a Cobb salad, but we don't have any cooked chicken.

So, I made a hybrid of Salade Niçoise and Cobb salad.

IMG_3130.JPG
IMG_3132.JPG

We had it with a lovely, dry Spanish rosé wine called, Caballero d'Espagne. I bought it at grocery store, so it is bottled here.

By the time I got to the blue cheese, I couldn't be bothered to crumble it, so I used the cheese plane.

I bought anchovies in a jar. I have only ever bought them in the little cans before. I think the quality is better in the jars. These were really yummy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom