Dinner Saturday 17th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Made enough bread dough white w/ whole wheat flour added is rising in a covered bowl. I think I will shape some hamburger buns and one loaf.

Haven't made bread in a very long time. It looks good. I have a crockery bowl Like my Grandma's. She used to bring her own bowl along when she came to visit.

Dinner, which will really be mid-afternoon, since I want to eat during college football, I am making sloppy joes, potato chips ( which I seldom buy) and a sweet-sour mixed bean salad with green pepps, jalapenos and onion and using garden grown frozen green beans.

decided on chicken alfredo .. using boneless skinless chicken thighs ..
probably make a loaf of italian bread also ...

We are having dinner at our friend's house tonight. She is making chicken with jalapeño peppers. She is serving it with tortillas, cheese, veggies, etc. All I need to bring is a jello salad. She is making dessert too. :)

Hasn't been any cooking to speak of in our house since last Sunday (Nov. 11) because I have been in the hospital for knee replacement surgery. I did a lot of pre-preparing before and have a quantity of entrees in the freezer.

I came home from the hospital on Thursday afternoon and tonight we're going to have lasagna, Italian green beans, garlic bread, iced tea and tea cake cookies. Everything is homemade and only has to be warmed. Thank God for freezers and a loving, capable husband.

We had fish tonight. SO had baked haddock and I had pan seared salmon. They were both delicious.

Katie H said:
Hasn't been any cooking to speak of in our house since last Sunday (Nov. 11) because I have been in the hospital for knee replacement surgery. I did a lot of pre-preparing before and have a quantity of entrees in the freezer.

I came home from the hospital on Thursday afternoon and tonight we're going to have lasagna, Italian green beans, garlic bread, iced tea and tea cake cookies. Everything is homemade and only has to be warmed. Thank God for freezers and a loving, capable husband.

Glad to hear you're doing well after the surgery, Katie :)

We had braised chicken and spicy rice with garlic, peppers, onions and green beans.

That still sounds good to me :)

Do you have anything on your Salmon?

We cook a lot of salmon and love hearing different ideas :)

I ended up making the Posolé...it was very good. The Sesame Orange cole slaw was good too, but tasted a bit odd with the soup. Oh well, we only live once!

Back
Top Bottom