Dinner, Saturday 5 April 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bilby

Executive Chef
Still trying to clear out my freezer, so tonight was what turned out to be a chicken "sausage" roll. (I thought it was chicken meat wrapped in puff pastry, not seasoned mince as per a sausage roll. Ever been had?) Anyway, it was tasty enough, just not what I was anticipating for dinner. I made up some garlic bread, along with shredded Brussell Sprouts and mushrooms sauted in butter, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and served in a white wine and cream sauce with some shredded cheese thrown in at the last moment. Cleansed my palate afterwards with a bowl of Italian Blood Orange sorbet by Weis, which I love!!!!

What will you be having?

I'm open to suggestions from the group...
I have a drawing class today till 3:30. Not sure I want to get take-away again but not sure what to make since I didn't take anything out of the freezer last night.

Bilby - those sprouts and mushrooms sounds great! I'd love the recipe.

DH and DS#1 are having a boys night out tonight. They're going to get my new car from the dealership, driving home, then together, going out to local dive for pizza and brewskis........from there they can walk home:LOL:
me, it'll be roasted veggies in the oven, all kinds or whatever I can find in the frig when I get home, and a salad, I'm in need of GREEN

Starting with seared sea scallops with an apricot remoulade.

Then boston lettuce with kiln dried cherries, goat cheese and orange balsamic vinaigrette.

Then, grilled shell steaks with gnocchi and sautéed mushrooms.

For dessert I'm baking a chocolate cake topped with triple sec butter cream.

Sazeracs to start with, cabernet with dinner and port for dessert.

Mmm, a beef and pepper stir fry with homemade (baked) egg rolls. Very exciting.

Vera-- that dinner sounds amazing!! Much as I'm looking forward to my stir-fry, I sorta wish I was eating at your house tonight, instead. Boy, I miss scallops. *sigh*

Hi Biby

Did you wean the 5th April? WE had chilli. I saw a can of chilli beans in Lidl and decided to go for it.

Yep, Ray, I'm sure she meant "April." Thread's all fixed now.

Buck and I were out on our monthly "Date Day" and had a wonderful, huge lunch at a great pizza place. Pizza buffet with all varieties of pizza. Even dessert pizza. Yum! We're still full and will probably have popcorn, if anything, for our evening meal tonight.

Grilled some burgers....
salad, baked beans, strawberries.

Made the Amazing Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (allrecipes.com but used all KAF WWW instead of adding AP) and totally blew the "living healthy" mantra today. Who can resist homemade pizza dough, I ask you?

I am always intrigued by the variety of things you all eat on a daily basis!

We're just having the last of the veggie soup I made this week.

Went out to lunch at the local sub shop and we're still feeling full.

Bilby, that blood orange sorbet sounds nice! For us tonight it was homemade pizza.

Chicken, mashed taters, green beans, blondies with milk choc and white choc, and coffee.

I fired up the grill, and a fry pan, and a pot or two :) Also a butter dish with garlic in the microwave. Took a pic of the insides this time to show you can get a pink steak that's only 5/8" thick. First time for cooking slivered almonds, though I've had them in beans before.
And trust me, there was a lot more butter underneath that sour cream ;)

edited to add, that was a serving plate, not a normal person's meal plate :pig:

Attachments

• April 5 dinner.jpg
    April 5 dinner.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 166
  • April 5 dinner1.jpg
    April 5 dinner1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 167
I fired up the grill, and a fry pan, and a pot or two :) Also a butter dish with garlic in the microwave. Took a pic of the insides this time to show you can get a pink steak that's only 5/8" thick. First time for cooking slivered almonds, though I've had them in beans before.
And trust me, there was a lot more butter underneath that sour cream ;)

edited to add, that was a serving plate, not a normal person's meal plate :pig:

:ohmy: *Drool*

Hi Biby Did you wean the 5th April?
:LOL: But you aren't considering the time delay of being on the other side of the planet - it takes a looong time for the sun to get back here!!! Or, how about, we just finished Daylight Saving Time here so I turned the calendar back one month??!!:-p
Thanks for picking it up Miniman, and thanks KE for correcting it for me.:)

Back
Top Bottom